How long before I worry...?

josie-jo

Mummy to Mia
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just joined the site as thought someone could ease my mind!
Have been trying for 6 months and.....NOTHING! Guess I was being a little optomistic to think that after 12 years on the pill I would fall straight away but am now getting a little down about it.
Any support/reasurrance much welcome.
Josie-Jo
:blush:

It came take time for some and nothing for others , hang in there hun ..

baby dust for you!! :dust: Try to keep positive although I know its hard. What are you and oh doing or not doing? ex... opks, etc. If you tell more about what youve been doing maybe someone will have some ideas for you. Or maybe make you feel good if everyone says your doing everything they are doing!

stay positive petal, it wouldn't hurt to let your doc know you are trying though,mine was really helpful when i told her i was trying, she printed me loads of info sheets on what to do to prepare yourself also that way if it does take some time (which i'm sure it wont) they know how long you've been trying x :dust:

Hi there

Ive just been referred to a FS after trying for 11 cycles, but unfortantley docs wont tend to do anything until youve been trying for a year.

I know how frustrating it is... but hang in there im sure it wont come to any referrals

Lots of luck :dust:

If you're really worried talk to your doctor about it, look up some advice on conception and see if there's anything else you can do to increase your chances.

I was on the pill for 12 years as well, got myself really frustrated over the last 3 months with random cycle lengths and not knowing when I was ov'ing to even attempt to catch the right time. Hope you get your bfp soon! And enjoy all the extra bd'ing - that's how i'm staying positive anyway!!!

things can take time hun me and my husband have been trying for a baby for 6 years! i think the best think to do is to keep having fun trying :) and if nothing after 12-18 months go see your doctor were he will arrange some tests for you but hopefully with a bit of baby dust that im throwing to you :) you will fall pregnant soon x x

Hi Josie-Jo,

You've already been given some great advice above and you've come to the right place for great support. Hopefully you'll get your BFP soon but as the others said it may be useful having a chat with your doctor just to try to ease your mind a bit.
:hug:

Thank you all, I will try one more month, and then head to the doc's. I have been charting my cycle, and measuring my BBT each month and me and the OH have been doing as we should at the right times so not sure whats going on.
Really appreciate the support and advise, I will keep you updated!

You sound just like me been tryin 6 cycles and was on the BC for 11 years.. My cycles are still quite long and kind of come when they want! Ranging from 35 to 48 days, so its hard to know when ovulating! Tried opks didnt seem to work as didnt know when i ovulate so got sick of testing can get annoying!!

I know 6months isnt long, and i know you hear that all the time but just keep positive to be honest i am feeling alot better about things this month.. i mean i am focusing on future things thats coming up in my life etc and to be honest not fussing over TTC as much as i was a few months ago!!

Good luck huni, but no matter what people say 6months isnt long!! Especially after being on the bc for 12years.. maybe review the situation after another 6months if nothing happens..xx

Good luck hun. It really isnt time to worry yet, honestly. They say a year, but after 12 years on the pill Id tack on a couple of months to account for that if your cycles were regulating for a while
:hug:

You sound just like me been tryin 6 cycles and was on the BC for 11 years.. My cycles are still quite long and kind of come when they want! Ranging from 35 to 48 days, so its hard to know when ovulating! Tried opks didnt seem to work as didnt know when i ovulate so got sick of testing can get annoying!!

I know 6months isnt long, and i know you hear that all the time but just keep positive to be honest i am feeling alot better about things this month.. i mean i am focusing on future things thats coming up in my life etc and to be honest not fussing over TTC as much as i was a few months ago!!

Good luck huni, but no matter what people say 6months isnt long!! Especially after being on the bc for 12years.. maybe review the situation after another 6months if nothing happens..xx
beauty,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Reassuring to know others have been through similar.
josie-jo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"