How long can you have clomid for?

kat08

Reaction score
Have just started on clomid and have a 3 mth prescription. Just wondering is there a max amount of time you can be on it for? Heard somewhere 6 mths?

I have heard 6 months too but I have heard of some people taking it a little longer. I am sure it depends on your doctor and how your body responds to the meds. I hope that helps. Good luck!

I was prescribed clomid for 9 months, and it didnt work. Depends on you doctor

They reckon if it hasn't worked in six months it probably never will.

My gynea said you can only have 12 cycles no more! something to do with increased risks to the overies or something

Different docs will put you on different number of cycles initially but I have been told that you can onlyhave clomid for a total of 1 year in your entire life due to an slight increase in the risk of cancer.

Hi Kat,

i was on clomid for 6 rounds - it did not work for me! my consultant told me you should not have more than 12 cycles in a life time, i guess some consultants are cautious in case you need to use the medication to try for another baby, once you concieve your first. like others have said, it depends on your doctor/consultant.

you say you have been given a 3 month prescription - is your doctor/constulatant, monitoring you in between, with scans etc?

Thanks guys - in terms of monitoring I have to go for CD 21 blood tests

i was prescribe clomid for 3 months and got BFP on my second month on it ...i was also ovulating on my own before taking already...doc prescribed it to make my ovulation a mega one ...

Thanks Miel and congrats. I am not ovulating at the min (currently CD160)so was told to just start taking the Clomid any advice on when to :sex:?

Kat are you not having scans to make sure there is no hyperstimulation to overies?

with regards to BD i never knew when i ovulated so we just BD every other night which was an absolute strain as you can imagine - hense it was good to purchase preeseed

i was prescribe clomid for 3 months and got BFP on my second month on it ...i was also ovulating on my own before taking already...doc prescribed it to make my ovulation a mega one ...

Congrats Miel, really good to hear a success story. I was also oving before clomid and am in 2ww on round 2 now.... fingers crossed, please please please etc etc.

Hopeandfaith - I'm not having scans, I think it just depends on the consultant. Like Kat I just have to have day 21 blood tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->