how long did/does your lo....

emsy

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
go between feeds at 2 week old ? my healthvisitor came for the first time today and seemed a little shocked that my lo only goes 2hrs between feeds day and night, and recommended hungry baby formula to make him go longer. i thought every 2hrs was normal!!!

How many ounces? My LO was getting about 3 oz every 3 hours at two weeks. 4 hours or more at night.

anything from 1-3 hrs for my lo every 2 sounds fine dont listen to her!

Alexander is 10 days old and goes between 2-4 hours between feeds depending how much he takes, he never takes more than 4ozs though, my MW was going on that they dont like to suggest hungry baby formula now as it leads to bigger children, load of tosh as far as im concerned:dohh:

My guy was every 2 hours for ages!! At 2 weeks you can start going longer at night if you want. That's when you can teach the difference between night and day.

every 2, still every 2 during the day and shes almost 2 months old, but shes breastfed.

At 2 weeks Callum went 3 - 3.5 hours between feeds xx

Hun, my son still goes every 2 hours and hes almost 4 months old.
SHEESH

My little boy would feed every hour..but he was breastfed.

That's completely normal! They have such tiny stomachs they need small amounts frequently at 2 weeks x

WHAT!? 2 hours at 2 weeks, and she thinks something is wrong?

Hell, I'm 27 and don't even go 2 hours sometimes.

Mine went about 30-60 minutes at that age. Bottle BM and formula. He went 2 hours until 6 months old. Only now, at 1, has he gone down to 3-4 bottles :rofl:

we only have 3 bottles a day - 7oz in the morning, 6oz at 3pm and 7oz at bedtime.

Hi,
Vinnie went 2 hours max at that age day or night & took around 3/4oz :) that went on till he was 9 weeks then he started going a bit longer at night, on a good night it was 4 hours in between. He is FF & it felt like all i ever did was make bottles up, even now at 21 weeks he still has 4/5 bottles during the day (7/8oz each)even though he now goes 12 hours a night (plus 2 x meals as early weaning due to reflux)

My LO is 12 days old today and goes anything from 1.5 to 3 hours between feeds, taking between 2 and 4oz at each feed. We had the midwife round today and she said that's completely normal and nothing to worry about, just feed him when he wants and and much as he wants! She also recommended to NOT go onto "hungry" formula as it's not as good for them or something? She said it's less nutritious...

Well i am shocked that your hv was shocked!!!!

They NEED it!

My LO would go 1-2 hrly at that age, so go with your baby and your instincts hun!

We breastfed and he went 1-2 hours at the most. He would have a stretch of around 5 hours at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"