How long did it take for people to start ovulating again after coming off the BCP??

ameeann

Reaction score
I'm stressing myself out thinking I'm never going to start ovulating again . . .

I finished the pill mid September (had my withdrawal bleed) 53 days later AF came . . . I'm now on CD 11

I'm using OPK's and even though I know most people don't start ovulating til at least CD 14 I'm just stressing myself out more and more every time its negative and by reading horror stories of women not ovulating again without interference of drugs etc . . .

So what I want to know is how many of you had to have drugs to start ovulating again?

and how many of you started ovulation again naturally, and how long did it take??

Please will someone settle my mind? :( I think I'm going crazy!! haha

PARANOID BEEETCH!!! haha

I came off the pill in August and the length between my cycles are 40 days and I do not ovulate until day 20 or say which is way later than when I was on the pill.

but you deffo ovulate?
I'm not too bothered about how long my cycles are for now as long as ovulation comes back!! haha

I came off bcp 20th sept. Had first af 27th oct currently on cd21 and think (not sure exactly how dark is dark enough on opks!) Im
ovulating around now! xx

Hello

I came off the pill in July after 9 years, im not too sure about august and september as expeccted my body to be all over the shop. August cycle was 31 days, September was 29 days, October was 32 days and ive just had my November cycle start today :( 36 days.

In October and this month Nov i did opks and ovulated CD18 in Oct and CD21 in Nov.

I had the same initial worry as you, i had started testing with my opks on about CD12 and was worried about all the negatives, but i stuck with them and bam got the clear positives. I just figure my cycle is loooooooong :(

Stick with the opks. And GL x

I came off bcp 20th sept. Had first af 27th oct currently on cd21 and think (not sure exactly how dark is dark enough on opks!) Im
ovulating around now! xx

sound's like we had a similar time . . . although I think your first initial AF came 10 days before me, thus your being 10 days in advance! but thank you! made me feel better!!! tehe xx

Hello

I came off the pill in July after 9 years, im not too sure about august and september as expeccted my body to be all over the shop. August cycle was 31 days, September was 29 days, October was 32 days and ive just had my November cycle start today :( 36 days.

In October and this month Nov i did opks and ovulated CD18 in Oct and CD21 in Nov.

I had the same initial worry as you, i had started testing with my opks on about CD12 and was worried about all the negatives, but i stuck with them and bam got the clear positives. I just figure my cycle is loooooooong :(

Stick with the opks. And GL x

ugh sorry about today's AF! . . . I think we are in a similar boat, before I started BCP I was around 34 - 36 days, so I'm guessing it's just returned to that!
and thank you . . . I'm gonna stick to the OPK's, you've deffo calmed my nerves! Hopefully mine are just long cycles and I'll ovulate in the next week! fingers crossed!!

thank you all ladies :D :hugs: :hugs:

Hey there,

I got off my BC August 12, my first AF began right away August 19-August 22. The next one was September 22-September26. I didn't begin charting or paying attention until the cycle I'm in right now. AF started October 29-November3. I have a 35-38 day cycle and I believe I am going to O tomorrow or very soon because I just noticed today lots of EW CM! I was sooo excited, because I am terribly nervous about ovulating also!! With such long cycles it makes me so unsure of it all!!

Like I said I am in the middle of charting so if I do O tomorrow that means I did so on day 19 of 35 which sounds about right...I hope..because the middle would be around what day 17? I am really hoping this EW CM is a great sign. I kept googling info on CM hahaha.

Try to relax and take it day by day, I've been freaking out every morning that there hasn't been a temperature shift! I just keep reminding myself that I have a much longer cycle than normal and it's going to be further in before I O.

My only advice? Breathe! LOL, my SO keeps telling me that when I start ranting about CM and cycle lengths and blah blah blah! hehe

haha yes! ok so I'm glad so many people can relate! lol
I think I'm going to be one of those ladies with long cycles . . . however, I'm glad to know that all of you have started OV ing again after BCP!!

and yes I deffo need to just breath . . . haha STRESSHEAD!!!!!!

:hugs: thanks you!

i came off BCP Oct 2010, got my first AF End of Jan then spotting march and then diagnosed with PCOS and i dont ovulate or VERY rarly on my own, my doc said usually by 3 months then u should go in to see a doc, but i waited 6 months just incase.

I came of bcp January 2011, after 13 or so years on the pill. I'm 32.

We weren't trying at that time, we were going to wait a year. My DH wasn't 100% sure he wanted kids, so I went BACK on the pill for two cycles, June and July. Then he finally came around, and August was my first cycle TTC.

I used OPK's for Aug, Sep, Oct, and got positives each month, but just because you get a positive OPK does not mean you actually ovulated, it just measures the LH hormone that triggers ovulation. So the only way for you to know if you O'd for sure is to temp.

This is my 4th cycle, and my first temping, and I just confirmed ovulation today with a temp rise, and I'm 3 dpo! Oh, and I also took Soy Isoflavones this month, which is like a herbal Clomid. SO long story short, I don't know for sure when exactly I started to O again! Since I was, like, 17! lol

I have been reading great stuff about agnus caster herbal supplement for regulating and shortening cycle length. Im going to try it out, ordered some last night as im too impatient to wait till cd20 for my eggies to hatch. Hope it works for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->