how long did it take you to conceive this time?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by surprisebaby, Aug 28, 2009.

1. surprisebaby

surprisebaby Guest

Just wondered how long it took everyone else. I just can't believe how quick mine was!!!
    My pregnancy was not planned. I basically became pregnant after one of the very first times I had sex with my boyfriend (we had been dating for about 10 months). I went to visit him for a weekend and because we were unprepared for sex we used the withdrawal method. We weren't prepared cos we normally stop at kissing, so noone had brought condoms etc. Yeah so I have only had sex with him three times!!

2. Rach27

Rach27 Well-Known Member

A little longer.... 4 years!

3. surprisebaby

surprisebaby Guest

wow so different from my story. i can't believe how easily I got pregnant. So so strange. It makes it hard to believe that I am!

But if you waited four years then this pregnancy must be so special.

4. Rach27

Rach27 Well-Known Member

Which might explain why I've turned into such a worry wort! It's getting better now I'm approaching the end of the first trimester.

It actually took 4 years to de diagnosed and treated for endometriosis. I had the op last November and then subsequently failed an IVF cycle in May.

Then in June, we went on hols to the UK for a family wedding (we're from the UK but currently live in New Zealand) and just relaxed and had fun after the IVF disappointment and what do ya know! I got pregnant naturally after only having sex twice the entire time we've been away!

I have been super worried, had lots of cramping and spotted once at 5 weeks but 'Fuzz' (Fuzzy Foetus) is a tenacious little thing and we reckon he/she is in for the long haul ;)

That's my story in a nutshell!

Here's Fuzz just over a week ago:

Attached Files:

• ff.jpg
      ff.jpg
      File size:
      66.3 KB
      Views:
  5. sma1588

sma1588 mommy 2 kaydence

wow. well my bf and i have been togather 2.5 yrs having sex for 2 yr and 2 mths sometimes using b/c not long though some condoms not many though and many times of withdraw and for the last 4 months nothing at all and still not prego... wondering if its ever going to happen..... so congrats to u!!! send some of that dust my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Angellicaa

Angellicaa Well-Known Member

Hello!

~None of my pregnancies were planned....I believe that I am 'extremely' fertile!

~With my son, I was ovulating...but, did not think I would get pregnant =) surprise!!!!

~With my daughter, I ovulated the day after we had sex (I just knew I was pregnant) !!

~With this pregnancy I was pre-ovulating, but did not think that my DH would go inside me.......he never does, but did..... (I ovulated the next day) KNEW I was pregnant....

~ I never took the ovulation tests to know, I just know my body really well, I actually took one ovulation test to prove to my husband that I know my body .......and I was ovulating that day.... =)

~ It just takes one sperm, and an egg =)

Good Luck!

7. surprisebaby

surprisebaby Guest

Ok I will. I know the weekend I had sex with my b/f, it was bang on ovulation weekend/ well it actually fell on to the weekend I met up with him. I think if you work out when your "ovulation weekend" is and maybe go away for those days and see what happens! I think it'll work!

8. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

We started trying in May this year, so...about 3.5 months.

9. angeljewel

angeljewel Expecting #2

Cycle 5 for this baby, but it took 18 months with my first, so this one has been quite quick x

10. surprisebaby

surprisebaby Guest

Thats what I think about me too. I kinda knew I was pregnant even on that weekend. I think I actually felt it happening. Know that sounds weird, but I think I felt (sorry if this grosses people out) some pre-cum go in to my cervix. and then the next day I had this weird cramp feelings, that I don't ever normally get. I think I knew from the very beginning I was pregnant!

11. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

7mth....then mmc :cry: then another 7mth and weve now out little man......but i was with an ex for 4yr and NEVER used anything and never fell preg :?

glad now tho !

12. amyw044

amyw044 Well-Known Member

it took me nearly 2 years!! xx

13. snettyb

snettyb Well-Known Member

first cycle after having LO, sonner than expected xx

14. Angellicaa

Angellicaa Well-Known Member

For those of you that are trying......sending baby dust to you all~****

I have friends and relative that took yrs to concieve....they even put my brother in law on Clomid (concieved the next month after trying for 4 yrs)

Good luck to you all~

15. kermie219

kermie219 Well-Known Member

Took us 4 cycles to get pregnant....not long in the grand scheme of things really:)

16. surprisebaby

surprisebaby Guest

I like the name Fuzz. I know that won't be his/her's real name, but its a cute name for the little baby for just now. Congratulations on getting pregnant naturally after all of that. And yes I think Fuzz is here for the long haul too after all you are almost in the next trimester :). Thanks for your story...

17. surprisebaby

surprisebaby Guest

Oh yeah and cute picture of little Fuzz!

18. Sparky0207

Sparky0207 Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

First month we started trying I got pregnant with this one, with my daughter we tried for 3 months then got pregnant the month we stopped trying!

19. sma1588

sma1588 mommy 2 kaydence

thanks for the baby dust and tips.... it always seems to "just happen" when ppl arnt trying i think i think about it to much i need to just take my pills as if its just to help my cycles and hopefully i get lucky like the rest of you. yes im in school and what not but i believe its the best time and 1 out of a million chances( i have adenomyosis ) so i need to have babies as my doc said have them asap so i can get a hyst. good luck with all your journeys!

20. divine_kyrie

divine_kyrie Mother of two boys!

with my 1st it took 6 months. This time around I decided to be proactive. I was temping to know when I ovulate, taking B6, L-arginine for EWCM, and Guaifenesin 3 times a day 3 days before I ovulated. The month I did this I got pregnant. It only took us 2 cycles.