how long did it take you to conceive?

lawbra

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am on my 2nd 'proper' month of trying and have juat taking an early test and it was negative! so fed up of:cry: it already! - I know it is VERY early days and I have read it could take up to a year (I am 29). Is that really the average?

I went to my OBG for my annual last week and she said that a year is the average and that I would have to wait that full year of TTC before a doctor would see me. I was bummed! I am wrapping up cycle 1 of TTC and am pretty sure :witch: is on her way (crampssss!), but I'm trying not to be discouraged. Definitely not easy though!

My sister was 32 when she conceived her first, and she did it in 3 months.

Hi both!

With my first child it took 3 months and I had been on BCP for 7 years (cerazette for last 18th months of that so didn't get any sort of cycle at all).

This is my first month of TTC for my second child and I think it has been the longest month of my life, I just feel like I want the month to be over so I know whether I can test or whether AF will show up, even though I know it took us 3 months before!

It is the easiest thing to say but the hardest thing to do but the more relaxed you the easier it might be! I am trying so hard not to think about it but it is impossible however still trying!

Good luck!

It took me 3.5 years. I want another one but so scared that it will take long to conceive as well. I gave up with the first and have a very nice Christmas present (if you get my drift) in 2008. Try not to get discouraged. I was 30 when I had my first.

I conceived my daughter in our first month trying.
This time around we've been trying for 7 months with no luck.

1st DS was a 'surprise' from a single sexual encounter (meaning the only sex I had in a little over a 6 month period)
2nd DS happened the very first month we started trying, I literally missed the very next period after we decided we were going to have another baby.
This one is taking a little longer, it's now been 3 years since we started trying, I had a miscarriage at exactly one year to the month after we started trying and the fertility doctor said "well you conceived rather quickly so you will have to wait a year before we will see you" even though it took a solid year to fall pregnant with that one that I LOST at 5w3d. So according to the fertility doc I went to, falling pregnant within a year is 'rather quickly'

We are on cycle 5, - I'm 30. My best friend, also 30 concieved on her first try so think it varies for everyone!
These 5 months have been the longest of my life - no matter how much you try and not think about it! Luckily there is lots of support on here, and I've picked up some good tips!
Goodluck to you x

it took us 11 months to concieve our first

I read an article yesterday written by an OB that said if you & your partner are under 30 and healthy, the average time is about 3-6 months.

Personally I conceived on my 5th month of trying (3rd cycle) but had been NTNP before that for at least a year (and had been very lax with BC before that as I was told I couldn't conceive), and was on Metformin (for PCOS) when I conceived.

I have a close friend who conceived her first child on the very first try, and has now been trying almost 2 years for a second, and doctors cannot find a reason.

All in all, unfortunately I think it's really hard to say. Good luck!

TTC for #1, its been 15 months and still nothing.
Doc says average is 2 years.
Sorry :(

with my son = 2nd month
#2= 4 months total, only 3 cycles though (long cycles) and a round of clomid ;)

Took us roughly 2 years including one early MC, fell pregnant with my son on cycle 6 (month 11) though and I'm 23 x

At 3 months of TTC I got pregnant but it didn't stick. I'm not at 5 months of trying and 4.5 weeks preggers. Hoping this one is sticky!

I have been trying 3 and a half years, still no baby. Just 6 losses. Now on my 1st round of clomid. GL!

#1-19 months and 4 IUIs
#2-1 month ntnp
#3-7 months ttc
?#4-11 months ttc. . . and no luck.

DS1 was conceived as soon as I came off the pill.
Second pregnancy took 6 months but I had MC DS2 was then conceived 3 months later.

I got my BFP on my 7th cycle trying but unfortunetly miscarried. Hope it won't take me that long again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->