How long did it take you to get pregnant on Metformin alone?

ardnaxela

Reaction score
Since I've been researching Metformin results, I have seen a lot of good ones. I don't think I have a very severe case of PCOS, but before I did not ovulate on my own. My doctor put me on 1,000 mg of Metformin a day and since then I believe I just ovulated the other day! But I've only been on it for 9 days. Is this too soon for it to work?

I've uploaded pictures of my chart and the 2 "positive" OPK's I got.. which I'm not too sure if they're positive because one half of the line was darker than the control but the other line wasn't.

Attachments

• chartgraph_module.png
    chartgraph_module.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6426 (1).jpg
    IMG_6426 (1).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6438 (1).jpg
    IMG_6438 (1).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 4
I actually struggled many years to get pregnant with my son and couldn't do it without IVF and donor embryos. Then I started metformin and get pregnant with my daughter naturally after only 3 months! Good luck to you!

I'm on clomid and metformin. My doc says the metformin only increases chances by 1-2%. Of course that's better than nothing but I would be interested to hear some success stories. Maybe it helps more if you have PCOS? I ovulate regularly so I'm not much help when it comes to that. I'd be interested to know how it works to increase chances.
Good luck in your journey!

I'm following! I have PCOS, and we are going to TTC. I have never done so with Metformin. I got one surprise BFP after about 6 weeks of low carb'ing and losing 20 lbs. I used clomid the second time. I now take Metformin ER 500 mg daily. I'm curious if I need more to make a difference.

I had a chemical with 500 mg and then a sticky bean with 1500 mg.

Thanks! I will ask my OB/GYN when I see her next month to get the ok to TTC.

I currently don't ovulate on my own... until this cycle. I was only on Metformin for 6 days until I got 2 positive OPK's! I didn't know that it could work that soon. I got up to 220 pounds last year and I read that PCOS can be "fixed" by only losing 5% of your body weight. I'm now at 200. Good luck to anyone that is TTC! With PCOS it makes it 10 times harder but I'm not losing hope :)

I agree. It's so tough! Low carb'ing has worked great for weight loss for me.

Me too! Low carb is the only thing that works for me.

Me too! It's about time to get creative though. FALL GOODIES are coming! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->