How Long did it take you to get your period after coming off oral contraception?

Tripltemum3

Reaction score
Came off on Microgynon at the beginning of March ( 7th ) and had a bleed during the 7 day period . Had lots of suspicious EWCM about a week after ! But all ive had since then was a bit of spotting ( just on one wipe) on satuday just gone . we was advised to wait untill the first ' proper' period to do anything and I though it might have been the start of it then but Ive had nothing since !

Can it really take months to come back to normal ?

Yeah, it varies for every individual though. I have come off the pill twice. The first time it took 3 months for me to have anything that resembled a period. This time my first cycle was 39 days and I'm currently on day 42 of my second cycle and haven't even ovulated yet. Some women's cycles come back straight away though.

I know it can be frustrating but the only thing you can really do is give your body some time to go back into its normal rhythm.

Thanks for replying Cazzan . Its infuriating sometimes isn't it . Hopefully it can get back to normal soon !!
x

My cycle came back immediately after stopping my pills in December. I had three very regular periods and then conceived in March.

My cycle came back immediately after stopping my pills in December. I had three very regular periods and then conceived in March.

Thanks bdb84

my periods were always regular prior to going on it 6 years ago but I didn't ovulate on my own . I had some problems with my stomach over Christmas and then after tests was told that I had PCOS , So half of me is hoping to jump back to a normal one and then the other is expecting things to go the other way. :shrug:

Ive had stomach pains on and off all day with the occasional sharp twinge so I'm hoping it might be the start of one coming !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->