how long did it take your stitches to feel better?

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
I had my little girl a week ago today and my stitches are still hurting me so much! I had a second degree tear but I had to have stitches internally and externally.
I feel like I still cant walk properly, my stitches are just hurting me and I'm not sure if that's normal or not?!

Probably 2 weeks. I remember we have visitors when I was 10 days pp and it was still sore. Probably a month to totally feel normal again. It's worth getting checked if you are concerned as they can get infected, but at the same time, I think a few weeks of discomfort is pretty normal. Hope they feel better soon.

I had an episiotomy and a vaginal wall tear, so I also had stitches inside and out. I couldn't sit down for very long or I was in agony! It took about 3 weeks for them to stop hurting, but I do still feel a little tender where the scar is at 9 weeks pp. Hope you start feeling better :flower:

Thankyou both, I had stitches with my eldest but not as many as this time, I dont know why I thought I would feel a little better now!

Congratulations!!

It took around two weeks for mine to feel normal.

First degree tear and felt pretty good after 6 days, very mild ache around 10 days and pain free after 2 weeks unless I sneeze.

Unfortunately I'm still not better 5 weeks on! I had an episiotomy and the first week I thought I had an infection as it hurt so bad and midwife said it was gaping ... Thankfully no infection but it still hurt. The pain went away and it was checked few times I was told it's healing fine. The last 2 weeks going toilet hurts so bad not just the cut but the grazes I sustained from pushing! I had a follow up appointment last Monday at the perineal clinic to check all his healing fine and I found out I've developed something called 'granulation tissue' she has to burn it off using silver nitrate, it hurt so bad! I'm still in a lot of pain and actually try avoid using the toilet as much as possible :( I have to go back on the 23rd and it's looking like silver nitrate will be used again :cry:

I had an episiotomy with my first and healed a lot quicker without any issues.

It's still early days for you but you can always ask a midwife to have a look for you x

Probably 2 weeks to feel like I could walk normally and cough and such, I had a 2nd degree tear. What helped was moistening some pads and freezing them, pouring witch hazel on them before freezing was good too. I found the stitches felt dry and rubbed on pads or knickers so having an ice cold slightly moist pad on softened the stitches a little and relieved the soreness.

I had a csection, my third not the same at all BUT, my first 2 I breezed through. This time I'm one week in and can barely walk unassisted. I feel u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->