How long did it take...

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
for your baby to double their brith weight?

we're still not there. I kno every baby is different but just wondered. :hugs:

Not sure but have you looked at the weight charts at the top and re plotted her on there? I dont like to get too obsessed by charts and milestones but it's interesting to see how they look on a chart that takes in to account more BFing than the ones the NHS currently use.

:)

katie still hasnt doubled hers, my milk dried up tho. she's put on nearly 2lb in the last 3-4 weeks tho since formula!

I just checked my red book and Hebe was 8lb 11 when she was born and 17lb 2oz at 19 weeks which is not quite double - she's always been around the 91st centile or just below until recently when she's started going just above it.

You are doing a wonderful job honey so dont doubt yourself. :D

leylas not doubled yet, she was 6lbs 10 at birth and now is 10lbs 3 so we have a way to go, dont worry hun, youre doing great

x

i am bit worried at the mo tbh, emilia was 7 15 at birth and was 15 3 at 6 months 3 weeks. the hv at baby clinic suggested i put her on formula but i really don't want to now we've come so far! She is a petite girl tho and all seems in proportion etc she feeds until she's full etc so i just don't kno :shrug:

:hissy: These HVs do my nut in!!!!!! is it any wonder we have such a rubbish uptake on BFing in this country!!! It's like we are being brainwashed into thinking that BM is not as good as formula?!!! WTF?! I'm sure the health visitors are in the pockets of the formula companies sometimes!! :hissy: Then we all start to doubt ourselves. :(

Right...rant over :rofl:

My family produce massive babies - my baby is massive and BFd. My sisters SIL's family produce tinyand petite babies - her lad is tiny and petite and he's been FF from birth!!!!!! It's not ALL about what you feed them!!!!

If you are happy and she is happy then the HV needs to sling her hook. :lol:

i did in not so many words! and i totally agree with u. i was ranting about it all night to my OH! my daughters on 3 solid meals a day and i use cow milk for cooking and breakfast now. i am not going to formula now after almost 7 months breastfeeding unless it's totally necessary.

I've just plotted her on the WHO charts. She was just above the 50th centile line at birth and she's now just below it - my HV would be bollocking me for being too obsessed with the centiles if I even mentioned that to her!!!

She will be slowing down a bit because she's getting more mobile too and burning more energy.

Good work honey :hugs:

i got told actually that the weight gain slows down at around 6 months anyway, that's why i have to get leylas weight up so quickly, cos at 6months itll slow

going off that and what uve said about her eating till shes full i think ur doing the right thing not giving her formula, she obviously doesnt need it

x

thankyou ladies. i'm glad you feel the same. i was beginning to feel a bit bad coz i don't want my daughter to suffer any obviously but i do genuinly think she's doin well enough without formula.

besides....she'd never take the bottle :dohh:

Bloody HV are formula crazy arent they. Ellie is really small and petite and shes happy and healthy. Ive got a dead good HV and ive been abit worried about Ellies weight gain and shes always said im doing really well. I think theres to much focus on the charts!

i swear my HVs the odd one out, she's really nice AND BF crazy!! i actually wish she'd been a bit less BF crazy, cos when katie stopped putting on as much weight, she just told me to stick with it, which in the long run was the wrong thing for me!

she sounds like she's doin really well tho hun, katie was 9lb12 at birth and up until 3 weeks ago she hadnt hit 14lb! as long as she's happy and healthy thats all that matters xxxx

my personal HV is fab. she's really on top. I actually like her coming round as sad as that is! This was just one of the health visitors running the baby clinic which is another reason i didn't really care for her opnion she's only seen us that once and doesn't know anything about us! gosh i sound a bitch :blush: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->