How long did you Bleed after D&C?

C

couturecuts

Curious how long you bled after your d&c, & when you started TTC? I am very anxious to get started, but I want to make sure my uterus has healed enough, so I guess waiting one cycle is a smart move, but im so afraid this will happen again

i bled for about 2 weeks...it was heavy then light, then heavy with clots then light...was very light for he last 5ish days, we started trying the day after it stopped.

I've had 2 d&c's this year, one in April, the other in Oct. After the first d&c, I bled for 2 weeks. The bleeding was fairly light, although it was there every day. I only had a couple of instances of heavy bleeding, which didn't last long. After the d&c in Oct, I bled the day of, then nothing for 5 days, then some light brown spotting (sorry tmi) for two days, then nothing, and that was it. I was really kind of surprised. The experience can be different for everyone, and apparently different with each time.

In terms of ttc again, we were advised by our OB to wait for my first af before starting to ttc again (af came 30 days post d&c w/ 1st, and 29 days later w/ 2nd). But I've read other posts by women here and on another board who were given the go-ahead before their first af, so I think it depends on your doc. They do say not to have sex and no tampons for 2 weeks after a d&c, both have the potential to cause an infection, I guess. We waited the full 2 weeks to have (protected) sex after the first d&c, but with the 2nd we waited 10 days -- my body felt ready, no bleeding or cramps, and I had already started working out again, so we thought it would be ok, and it was. So it really depends on your body and your experience after the d&c.

And I defintiely understand your feeling of being afraid that it will happen again. I've had many, many freak out moments, but right now (over a month out from the last d&c), I'm starting to feel less afraid and more hopeful. Best of luck, and so sorry for your loss! ((hugs))

I had a d&c in October. I bled for exactly 7 days.

my period came exactly 25 days after my d&c. That lasted 6 days.

In May of this year I m/c naturally. I bled for 7 days again. My doctor said for me to wait 2-3 cycles before trying again.

I too was worried for this to happen again when I fell pregnant in August... I was happy one minute.. then the next I was worried. I actually had a nightmare about m/c at work again. It turned out to be a molar pregnancy and d&c was done in October. I would say, the next time you get pregnant, don't focus on being afraid that you'll m/c. Focus on how wonderful it is to be pregnant. I know it's easier said than done. But stressing over it won't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->