how long did you have to wait before having sex again?

Discussion in 'Labour & Birth' started by monster91, Nov 12, 2011.

1. monster91

monster91 Well-Known Member

women that had stitches how long did you have to wait before you had sex again? and when do you know if you are ready to have sex after baby?

2. mum2liam

mum2liam Well-Known Member

took me about 6 weeks to pluck up the courage, i was nervous as hell lol!!!

this time will prob be the same, Hubbie is refusing to DTD with me since 32 wks too wierd apparently!! so i told him well you will just have to wait till im ready after the birth!! kinda forgotton what its like!! haha

3. Beaney192

Beaney192 Mummy of 2

I havent hsd sex yet, part of me wants to, but then again im so nervous, think I will at least wait till my 6 week checkup.

4. angie79

angie79 Mummy of 2

I had a tear and i was cut and i didnt feel ready until 8 weeks and didnt actually dtd until 10 weeks - my oh gave me no pressure at all until he hinted at 9 weeks :flower:

xxx

5. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

I had 2nd degree tears, was cut and had stitches and. I waited till 12 weeks hahaa. I really wasnt in the mood for it before then, and even then it was tender and strange.

6. GingerNut

GingerNut Pregnant mum to Rosie

I had an internal 3cm second degree tear, and waited 4 weeks. I wanted to try at 3 weeks but DH wouldn't.

It wasn't that I was uncontrollably randy, mind you, just that I was nervous about it, and knew that if I left it too long, it would get scarier and scarier. I really just wanted to get it out of the way! Thankfully it was fine; a bit, well, odd, but comfortable enough. And actually way better than it used to be, once I got used to it.

7. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

3 weeks here. I only had a few cosmetic stiches though as I had a deep graze caused by LO's nails :wacko:

8. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Guest

waited 5 weeks with my first waited 3 weeks with my second. I was ready both times OH never pushed me for it and even when we did he was so worried he was going to hurt me. Mind you I never tore with either Child.

9. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

3 weeks. :dohh:
    I had an EMCS though. We just took it slow and used a gallon of lube. :haha:

10. AirForceWife7

AirForceWife7 Mama to Brenna.

About 8-10 weeks. I had an episiotomy followed by a 4th degree tear, so was petrfied at even the thought of sex! We used a ton of lube, so it was no problem :) x

11. NawlinsMama

NawlinsMama Mummy to 1, due Nov 27

Two weeks. :blush: I had a second degree tear, but we used tons of lube and it went okay. My only problem was the blood, as I bled quite a lot postpartum. That was a bit off-putting.

12. AshleyNichole

AshleyNichole mommy to 2 boys!

i had an episiotomy with my first, and waited 4w, and it hurt like hell :nope:

13. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

with my first i had an episiotomy and waitied about 8/9wks with my second i had a 3rd degree tear and waited about 7wks

14. Rebaby

Rebaby Mama to 2 boys

I had a 2nd degree tear and stitches with Toby and we tried to DTD after 7 weeks but it was too painful. We tried again a week later with more success! :winkwink: It was sore for a while though, i think it was 3 or 4 months before things started to get back to normal.

With Rudy i had a 1st degree tear, no stitches and we only waited 3 weeks and it was absolutely fine :thumbup:

15. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

I waited about 3 months i think but i got badly torn up so no1 was going to go there LOL

16. CJane

CJane Well-Known Member

I waited about 3 months too, as had tear and episi and stitches, so wasn't in the mood at all before that. TBH DH wasn't too sure even then, he kept checking "are you sure?" and also a ton on lube like someone else said!!

17. aj11

aj11 Mama to Ari :)

we waited until after our 6 weeks appt., BUT at the bottom of the opening of my vaginal opening the two edges healed together. EEEEK!! effectively making the opening like 2/3 as big. the dr told us to try to open it back up "the old fashioned way"---sex...and we tried but HOLY CRAP that was not happening. so i had to go back and get it cut back open, and that took a further 2 weeks to heal up! hoping to have a better experience this time, but regardless we will wait until after the 6 week check up!

18. luvmyfam

luvmyfam Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything to my doctor but I think this is the same that happened to me. OUCH is all I have to say. It was really sharp pain for a while, that eventually got better. Maybe after 4-5 months!

19. rachy12342

rachy12342 Well-Known Member

I can't remember with my daughter but this time I'm 3weeks pp, didnt have any stitches but I dong know when I will feel up to it, I'm worried my partner won't enjoy it and cannot see how he is still attracted to me :( what if I'm really 'loose' now? I really need some words of wisdom please

20. Saaaally

Saaaally Almost mother of 2 :)

I had a 3rd degree tear, and about 3 weeks i think :) We took it very slow though! And it was fairly painful, but i felt sorry for OH! xxx