How long did you have to wait?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by LesleyP, Dec 12, 2009.

1. LesleyP

LesleyP Mummy to Lily-May ♥

Hi,

I was just wondering how long you had to wait between having your first midwife appointment and having your first scan?

I contacted my local doctors and they made an appointment for me to see the midwife on the 18th of December, which means I'll be about 14 weeks. I tried getting an earlier appointment as I really wanted a scan before Christmas, not just for my peace of mind - but because I wanted to give a couple scan photos in frames to the baby's grandmothers for Christmas.

Looks like that's not going to happen now and I'll be spending all of Christmas worrying.

2. nineena

nineena mummy to a gorgeous girl

I think average is between 10-12 weeks but it depends on your area and the demand at this time of yr. I'm seeing mine next week but that's coz i have complications and have to be closely monitored xx

3. LesleyP

I meant like, how long did you have to wait between having your first midwife appointment and having your first scan.

4. nineena

nineena mummy to a gorgeous girl

duh lol silly me no idea on that 1 lmao but i "think" if it was on schedule and bang on the 12 weeks mark then i'd guess 3 1/2 weeks after i see midwife. Dunno perhaps if youre area isnt too baby busy then it'll be within a week i know some people have had to wait up to 6

5. Hayley90

Hayley90 Complete

hi, i saw my MW for first time this thurs at 9+5, and i have to wait until 7th january! so 3 weeks or so, im disappointed but hey what can i do!? :)

6. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

I had my booking appt at 7+4 and scan is booked for 12+4, so 5 weeks between mw and scan for me.

It's been an eternity, but there's now only just over a week to go. :)

7. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

That seems late to get your first scan if you want to do the nuchal scan. I thought those were usually done by 13w and seeing the mw at 14 weeks means the scan will be later than that. Did you wait a long time to contact your doctor in the first place and that's why it's all so delayed? I had my first mw appointment at 6w4d and my early scan is for 11w6d. Maybe it's different here in Canada though.

8. LesleyP

Yeah I had morning sickness for about a month before I ended up seeing a doctor, thought it was just a bug or something didn't even cross my mind i'd be pregnant due to my severe PCOS.

Oh well, I guess there isn't much I can do - I just wanted to know everything was ok before telling the rest of the family over Christmas but I'll be telling them anyway. I'm far too excited not to :D

9. rihanna

rihanna Well-Known Member

saw my MW at 8 weeks and scan is 12+4 so 4 weeks 4 days between x

10. tinadecember

tinadecember Mummy to Evie and TTC

my first midwife appointment is on the 29th December at which it will be 11 weeks since LMP and 12 week scan is 8 days later on 6th January.

so not much of a wait fortunately :) x

11. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

I had my booking appointment at 9 weeks and my scan at 13 - but even then only because DH phoned and pushed to get a scan date because I was really stressed in case everything wasn't ok and there was no sign of a date forthcoming....

12. LesleyP

Thanks ladies, much appreciated x

13. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

I had my first MW appt at 10 weeks, and my scan at 12+1. I guess over xmas things slow down because people are taking holiday etc.

14. Beadette

Beadette I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!

my first MW appt was last tuesday at 9+3 and my scan is on 30th December when I'll be 12+4 so just over 3 weeks x