How long did you have to wait?

LesleyP

Mummy to Lily-May ♥
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering how long you had to wait between having your first midwife appointment and having your first scan?

I contacted my local doctors and they made an appointment for me to see the midwife on the 18th of December, which means I'll be about 14 weeks. I tried getting an earlier appointment as I really wanted a scan before Christmas, not just for my peace of mind - but because I wanted to give a couple scan photos in frames to the baby's grandmothers for Christmas.

Looks like that's not going to happen now and I'll be spending all of Christmas worrying.

I think average is between 10-12 weeks but it depends on your area and the demand at this time of yr. I'm seeing mine next week but that's coz i have complications and have to be closely monitored xx

I think average is between 10-12 weeks but it depends on your area and the demand at this time of yr. I'm seeing mine next week but that's coz i have complications and have to be closely monitored xx

I meant like, how long did you have to wait between having your first midwife appointment and having your first scan.

duh lol silly me no idea on that 1 lmao but i "think" if it was on schedule and bang on the 12 weeks mark then i'd guess 3 1/2 weeks after i see midwife. Dunno perhaps if youre area isnt too baby busy then it'll be within a week i know some people have had to wait up to 6

hi, i saw my MW for first time this thurs at 9+5, and i have to wait until 7th january! so 3 weeks or so, im disappointed but hey what can i do!? :)

I had my booking appt at 7+4 and scan is booked for 12+4, so 5 weeks between mw and scan for me.

It's been an eternity, but there's now only just over a week to go. :)

That seems late to get your first scan if you want to do the nuchal scan. I thought those were usually done by 13w and seeing the mw at 14 weeks means the scan will be later than that. Did you wait a long time to contact your doctor in the first place and that's why it's all so delayed? I had my first mw appointment at 6w4d and my early scan is for 11w6d. Maybe it's different here in Canada though.

Yeah I had morning sickness for about a month before I ended up seeing a doctor, thought it was just a bug or something didn't even cross my mind i'd be pregnant due to my severe PCOS.

Oh well, I guess there isn't much I can do - I just wanted to know everything was ok before telling the rest of the family over Christmas but I'll be telling them anyway. I'm far too excited not to :D

saw my MW at 8 weeks and scan is 12+4 so 4 weeks 4 days between x

my first midwife appointment is on the 29th December at which it will be 11 weeks since LMP and 12 week scan is 8 days later on 6th January.

so not much of a wait fortunately :) x

I had my booking appointment at 9 weeks and my scan at 13 - but even then only because DH phoned and pushed to get a scan date because I was really stressed in case everything wasn't ok and there was no sign of a date forthcoming....

I had my first MW appt at 10 weeks, and my scan at 12+1. I guess over xmas things slow down because people are taking holiday etc.

my first MW appt was last tuesday at 9+3 and my scan is on 30th December when I'll be 12+4 so just over 3 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->