how long did you wait to try?

Karirae

Reaction score
I just got my first AF a couple days ago. My doctor told me to wait at least 3 cycles until we try again. I've seen a lot on here of people trying after one. Does it really make a difference? I had a natrual MC with no complications so I don't know why I need to wait so long. We are probably going to wait until after summer anyways but just curious when everyone started trying again.

Im not waiting... OH had a vasectomy april 13 while I was pg with #4 and we lost sweet Hadlee :cry: We have a very short time frame of sperm count still, until approx early-mid july so I am hoping we conceive right away so he doesnt need to go for the reversal.... that way it will take way long for me to be pg again :cry:

We were also advised to wait 3 cycles, but we are going to try after 1. I am currently waiting for AF, which should arrive in the next week or so.

Good luck!!

I wonder why they say 3 cycles and some say only one? Maybe for emotional healing but for me I feel like by getting pregnant soon after will help with the pain.

Sorry for your loss. I was wondering the same thing after my mc. My doctor told me to wait after one cycle. My mc was natural too and I was at 7 weeks. It seemed like it took forever for my cycles to come back to normal and even though we were trying I didn't get pregnant for almost 6 months. Good Luck if decide to ttc.

I just got my first AF a couple days ago. My doctor told me to wait at least 3 cycles until we try again. I've seen a lot on here of people trying after one. Does it really make a difference? I had a natrual MC with no complications so I don't know why I need to wait so long. We are probably going to wait until after summer anyways but just curious when everyone started trying again.

I had a d&c and my doc said i could try after my first af, we got lucky and got preggo the first cycle after d&c. There is a website that has good info on it also SPERM MEETS EGG PLAN.

I honestly think it has to do with the doctor. I see multiple doctors (GP, OBGYN & FS, plus the doc who did my D&C at the pregnancy loss clinic) and each one basically said something different.

My GP is very old fashioned. She told me to wait AT LEAST 6 months!!!

My FS said to wait two months, but I think that is mostly because it takes two months for the results of the tests they are doing on my embryo to get back, and it will take me about that long to get back on Metformin.

At the clinic they said you can get pg right away, but for everyone's peace of mind you should wait until after your first AF after the loss. This is because it's really hard to tell your dates if you get PG right away because your hormone levels could be elevated from the previous pregnancy, and it can just cause a lot of stress on you when you don't know the dates, are told one thing and find out it's another and worry that something is wrong.

My sister is also a nurse and told me the same thing. She said basically it's easier for doctors if you wait 1 cycle, because then they can tell the dates etc.

So, I think it really depends on the doctor. Of course, it also depends if you're personally ready to try again, but I think the consensus of most of us here is that we all want to try again ASAP!

Good luck to you!!!

I was told to wait 1 cycle before trying again. Both of my miscarriages were natural at 6 weeks(ish).

We waited 3 months after miscarriage # 1 only because my brother is getting married in October & so we wanted to avoid being 9mo pregnant. We miscarried in December & tried again in March & got pregnant right away. Miscarried for the 2nd time in April. I just got AF last weekend. We are trying to decide if we want to ttc this month or wait til the end of summer. More for emotional reasons than anything.

I miscarried naturally earlier today actually and the ER doctor suggested waiting 2 cycles.

Since the news is so fresh, I think we may wait the recommended 2-3 cycles and afterwards just NTNP. We'll see though...

Good luck to all of you!!

We started ttc again on our 2nd cycle. I'm currently in my 3rd cycle.

I miscarried naturally earlier today actually and the ER doctor suggested waiting 2 cycles.

Since the news is so fresh, I think we may wait the recommended 2-3 cycles and afterwards just NTNP. We'll see though...

Good luck to all of you!!

I also started a miscarriage this morning at 6 weeks. This is the first time I am experiencing this. I don't know what to expect. So sorry to hear about everyone's losses but glad we have each other! I am hoping to try right away but I will see what they say at my appointment on wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->