How long did your episiotomy take to heal?

Well tbh I haven't looked at the stitches situation, haven't dared! But I think that I stopped hurting altogether about a week ago. I am totally unaware of anything being too different down there. Like before I was really careful when pooping but not anymore ie if I am a bit constipated I don't feel scared to push. Sorry if tmi!!

Im 10 days post and I feel like my stitches have healed. They dont sting anymore, and my "back flow" :] is just fine. I can sit normally, and the bleeding is just the brown stuff now. All my water weight is just about gone, and my belly has gone all the way down too. :]

My stitches have all dissolved- 4 weeks after birth, but they haven't been sore since Emma was 2 weeks old.

I'm now 10 days post partum...I really think all my stitches have dissolved/fell out/whatever they do, lol And the burning when I pee stopped about 4 days ago...now after a BM though I do have quite a lot of like throbbing pain there still, but I'm like you and had a 2nd degree tear..but I don't think it'll be too much longer before I'm back to myself

I had an episiotomy & assisted delivery with Amy and it took roughly 3 weeks for the continual pain & aching to stop. It took about another week 'til I was able to pee on a toilet again (I had quite a lot of grazes & the only way I could pee was in the bath).

I would say it stopped being sore after 2 weeks. Ouch.... sorry, just remembering the pain

I had my baby on 23rd June and i still feel bruised down there - it gets worse after ive been for a walk and sitting in a warm bath makes it better temporarily...i have to massage the area myself or get OH to massage for me makes me feel a lot better and eases the pain

I still get pains from my stiches tho...like a pinching pain up there

I'm jealous of all of you who were fine by 4 weeks! I'm still suffering and I'm 8 weeks PP- my stitches burst on day 2 though so don't get scared :lol:
The bruised feeling got a lot worse for me around 2 weeks I think, but it went away by about 3 weeks!

i looked at my stitches and about a week after i had her some of them had disolved too soon and left a gaping hole!! i was distraguht thinking id have to have it re stitched and all sorts! but when i got the MW to have a look she said its common and mine looked fine, and most womens are alot worse (id hate to imagian worse as i thought mine was pretty big ha ha)!! suprisingly it was alot less painfull with the gape than when the stitches were in there!! i couldnt walk and was on painkilles constantly for over a week!! (plus the rubber ring my mum got me! lol). the MW kept an eye on it and it healed fine at around 8 weeks.

i felt a bit normal after 2 weeks. I used to get a jug of near freezing water and pour it over my 'down there' while on the toilet. It did help 'cool' down the soreness.

xx

My stitches were loose after 2 days and was told they were "gaping" I last got them checked 6 weeks ago, at my postnatal checkup and the hole was the size of 50p. Dont know what they are like now though as I've not went back. Its now been 14 weeks, just wondered if any of you cant control of you back end?? Im too scared to go to the doctors about it..

:wave: hi mummy's!

i was just wondering when you all started to feel less pain from your episiotomy, and when it healed.

when did your stitches come out/dissolve?

more importantly... when does peeing not sting anymore :rofl:

it will be one month tomorrow (i had a tear and epis). i would say the sting stopped just a few days ago. i'm not quite sure if the stitches have dissolved?
i feel as though i'm about 85% healed/feeling back to normal.

i've cut way back on the pain meds and stool softener. the peri-bottle (little spray-water bottle) has really helped:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->