How long did your lochia last?

Jary

Mummy to Alice 10/05/13
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm 12 days PP and my lochia is still red. From the info I got I thought it would have changed to brown by now. I'm not soaking loads of pads...I change them as I would a normal period but its showing no signs of slowing down.

On Monday I passed a clot about 4cm and a little tissue but nothing since then.

Sorry I do ramble on! Has anyone had red lochia lasting this long? Not sure if I need to be worried!

Mine lasted two weeks but it can last up to 6 weeks pp. I found it started up again if I was doing too much - body's way of getting you to slow down! I also passed a fairly large clot - if you are worried, speak to your midwife x

I think mine lasted about 3 weeks. It would vary in heaviness from day to day. Sometimes it would be quite heavy and other days barely anything so I'd think it was stopping, only to come back heavier again. I don't know but I wonder if it was because I didn't take it easy enough after giving birth. I seemed to develop an obsession with having the house clean and tidy at all times so was constantly on my feet.

My midwife said it was completely normal x

In total, mine lasted about six weeks. It slowed down A LOT by 4 weeks though. I had my PP check up at 5 weeks and there was barely anything there. Then a couple days later it was back. So it can stop and start again too.

Thanks everyone. It's reassuring knowing it doesn't happen like the leaflets say. I'm not rushing to the docs because I'm not bleeding really heavy and there's no offensive smell. I think the clot and tissue had me a little worried because on that same night I had a temp of 38.0! Went down and next day I felt fine.

I'll keep an eye on it anywho :)

im 11 days PP and its still red, it does pick up if i am active and doing lots.. with my first im not sure how long the red lasted for but i know i had to wear pads for the first 6 weeks PP which sucks and it looks like it will probably be the same with this one as well.. i am hoping that it switches to brown soon :flower:

Last time: few days heavy, then light bright red flow for 9 weeks :dohh:

This time: heavy for 2 days, light flow for a week then passed some large clots, then occasional spotting for a couple of weeks.

Yes, it can definitely be different from the leaflet!

I bled for 7 weeks and had a "6 week bleed" which scared the crap out of me because I was told your lochia should never stop and start--not true! Mine fizzled out almost completely then i started bleeding bright red again, it was quite heavy. Clots are ok too as long as they aren't too big (i was told anything larger than a chicken egg was reason enough to go to L
&D or you're filling a pad full every hour.

Im sure your bleeding will let up soon :)

I think it's starting to lighten up!

Hope it is and won't re start cause I'm sick of wearing pads! Plus its like when I would normally get periods...I feel all yuck lol

Mine lasted 5 weeks with my first pregnancy and 6 weeks with my second.

I'm 23 days pp and its still red. Its not much but I hate wearing pads. Seems like it has increased a tiny bit over the weekend but I went for an hour walk. I passed a huge clot a few days after delivery but luckily I was having a visit from a public health nurse so she checked it and the clot broke up so it was OK.

Well my lochia started having days of brown then red but more days of brown and now I'm bleeding again but heavier! I don't think this new bleeding is lochia tho as I had the implant put in a week ago, so its just like a normal period but I'm sick to death of wearing pads and sick of the site of blood lol. I've even put a towel in the bed so I can not wear a pad at night. Sounds gross but they were making me sore and its not heavy enough to soak through so I may as well be comfy.

I look forward to the day when I see no red/pink/brown!

I've been bleeding 10 weeks in total, I don't know what is going on :(. It can be quite red at times too. I am sick of bleeding :(

Is it quite heavy? May be best to go see your doctor to make sure everything is ok. It probably is as I think it can go on for a while but since its still red there could be another reason.

Mine eventually stopped around 4 weeks but then because of my implant it started again and I bled quite heavy for a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->