How long did your spotting last?

heidi895

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks today and have had brown spotting for over 2 weeks now, especially when I wipe. I also had a bright red bleed last weekend which soaked through my clothes after a 1 hour walk. Scary stuff!

After that a scan showed all is good and baby has a healthy heartbeat :thumbup: but I have been told not to do any unnecessary exercise at all, including walking. I am very grateful that all is ok but if I'm having these issues at 7 weeks I wonder how I'm going to get through another 7+ months?? :nope:

Has anyone else had any experiences like this and how long did the brown spotting last for?

I'm roughly 4weeks with my first child. I spotted for a consecutive 7 days & I was freaked out. My stomach would sink everytime I went to the bathroom. My doctor told me to not do anything but lay around. Just take it easy and enjoy getting to lay around... because Lord knows neither of us are going to get to be "lazy" when our babies are here.

I wish you & your baby the best!

-P

I've been having brown discharge and now a bit stronger, for about three weeks on and off now. At my scan they saw a bruise/small clot in my womb, so that's just gradually coming away it seems. Still terrifying though!

I started spotting at 6 weeks and it went on for 4 more very long weeks. It drove me crazy. I went for weekly scans because I was so worried.
There was a small spot on the first scan, probably a hematoma which caused the spotting.

On and off for my entire pregnancy so far- usually at least 1-2 days a week of colored CM appears.

wow! this is reassuring to hear! I am glad I'm not alone...but also I realize that the spotting I have so far experienced (colored nude/pink cm) is nothing compared to some of what the other girls are experiencing!

The ER doc told me today that when we are pregnant, and the cervix becomes engorged that a growing uterus strains the cervix and can lead to bleeding. Think, like a sponge. Loaded with water. If you put any pressure on it, it will expel some liquid...same concept.

My bleeding started off today as pink discharge and then on one occasion it was a thin bright red streak on the TP, no discharge or anything just red on the tp. I, of course, wiped again, a little harsher and only got pinkish discharge on the paper. and barely that....

So far, there has been no spotting when I wipe. Praying it stays that way.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"