• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How long do the hormones linger after stopping birth control?

Allysonjean24

Reaction score
I've been off my birth control since November and I've been tracking my ovulation since March but aside from that, my husband and I have been having sex at least twice during my predicted fertile days since December.
I've read that it can take time for your body to regulate after stopping birth control (I had been taking it for 6 years) but I had a regular 28 day period literally the month after I stopped and have had 27-28 day periods every month since then with a positive ovulation test every month between cd days 11-14. It took my cycle no time to return to normal. That being said, obviously I'm not pregnant yet.

Last month, my boobs started hurting really, really badly the day that I was supposed to ovulate and almost until the day of my period (so sore that I was convinced that last month was the month), and the soreness returned this month on LH surge day as well. I have never had sore boobs like that before on birth control or off it. My question is, is it possible that last month and this month are the only two days that I've actually ovulated since stopping my BC, despite having an LH surge every month? Could the BC hormones have been lingering despite everything appearing normal with my cycle?

Sorry it's so long!

For some people it doesn't take any time at all once they come off BC. It took me around 4 months to get back to a normal cycle.
The best way to track your ovulation is using OT. I couldn't work mines out at all before using them because I kept having signs and symptoms throughout the month.
This time though I've been off my BC for around 5 months and it's much easier to know when I'm ovulating. I think testing is the only way to be sure really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"