How long do vitamins take to kick in?

Imaan

Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies,

Was wondering how long vitamins (in general) take to have an effect on the body? DH is taking suppliments this month and SA is in one month from now. I am wondering if this is long enough to know whether the suppliments have had a positive impact. I know they tell you to take Folic Acid at least 3 months prior to getting pregnant so I am wondering if vitamin supplements take 3 months to kick in too.

Thank you for your advice

Hi Imaan, sperm take about 100 days to develop so it would usually be 3 months before a difference was soon. My OH took them for 3 months between samples and there was quite a big improvement

Thank you for your reply :)

Which suppliments does your OH take? and how much of a difference did they make?

I'm in the same boat oh has another test next week but that would only be six weeks from the last one and he's been taking wellman. Our dr said something about men having six week cycles

I'm in the same boat oh has another test next week but that would only be six weeks from the last one and he's been taking wellman. Our dr said something about men having six week cycles

Six week cycles?

Yeh that's what the dr said to us but when I looked up on the net it all looks very complicated there are lots of different stages but yrhbdoc was saying men gave six week cycles so may have caught him at the end I a cycle when I go bk I will ask him to elaborate

Thanks.... that's good to know. At least if the next SA doesn't show a significant improvement I can tell DH why.

:flower:

I've read it can take up to 3 months for the vitamins to show a good effect on his :spermy:. x

Sorry for the delay Imaan. Mu hubbys count went from 34 mill to 100 mill and motility went from 27% to 52% so definitely worth a try. He does take a combination though. Wellman conception, extra zinc, selenium, vitamin c and l'arganine. Went from the doc saying our chance of pregnancy were very low to them saying to keep trying whilst we wait for ivf

Sorry for the delay Imaan. Mu hubbys count went from 34 mill to 100 mill and motility went from 27% to 52% so definitely worth a try. He does take a combination though. Wellman conception, extra zinc, selenium, vitamin c and l'arganine. Went from the doc saying our chance of pregnancy were very low to them saying to keep trying whilst we wait for ivf

No worries Kidloco,

Wow that's wonderful! you must have been over the moon. My dh is on a concoction too: Fertility Plus for men, 1000mg vitamin C, 75mg Co-Enzyme Q10, and Extra high-strength Cod liver oil.

It's expensive... but well worth it if it works.

So happy with your Dh's results! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->