How long do you hold? Also, just HELP in general.

kdmalk

Reaction score
First month using opks because I had a mmc in November. I want to make sure I catch the egg if my cycle is wonky. AF was Dec. 9 and on a normal cycle I would probably O on 26th or 27th, but I am terrified that it will come early and I will miss it. Started using opks 3 days ago (and have been using a decent hold (usually 3 hours, but yesterday's was 5 because I was busy in the afternoon) right after I walk in the door from work. So about 5:15pm, or later if I didn't have a good hold (latest one so far was around 8, I think). I don't want to do anything wrong, so should I be testing in the morning? evening? I don't have enough opks to do both...

My temps have been allllll over the place because I left my bbt thermometer at a family member's house almost 5 hours away. So now that I am going back and looking at my chart as I type this, it tells me that I ovulated 3 days ago (cd 8, wtf?). But I also have a cold right now, so I am wondering if elevated temps might be because of that? We haven't dtd AT ALL since before AF, so if I did ovulate, I am out now. Should I keep testing? And the original question, how long do you usually hold?

Ok don't worry to much about the hold with opk tests, 2 hours is plenty.... best time to test is either between 11:30am and 3:30pm or 5:00pm-10:00pm, your also best testing twice a day when they start to get darker.... just for like three days incase you have a short surge and miss it, I'd say you didn't ovulate on cd8 and a cold can mess with the basal thingamabob! What cd are you on now? Xx

today is cd13 and I usually O around cd18 or 19, with lp of 13 days. Opk still negative this morning. Hoping for a positive opk by (or on) christmas day!

How close do you think I am from a positive? Surely a day or two? Maybe early O!

Top is early afternoon, bottom is evening. Thanks for opinions. I have never used these before!

Attachments

• okp21.jpg
    okp21.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 17
This morning's didn't look like much. Tonight after work I got so excited about the dinner I was cooking that I forgot to look at it in a good time frame!! This pic is taken at probably 25 mins (possibly more). Worth taking another tonight? Idk. Looks like maybe I will get a positive tomorrow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 9
Grrrr. Morning test still negative. SMU 3.5 hour hold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 7
Keep testing - my evening at 5.30pm are always the best fir some weird reason
You just need to figure out your best time
They Def work better in evening though

Now I am panicking. 15am is this morning's test, then I came home just now on a 5 hour hold and it has gone nearly invisible?! I dipped two in the same urine just to check (bottom are both tonight's urine, same cup). This morning's seems like the darkest one I had, BUT NONE OF THEM ARE POSITIVE(?)!!!! Didn't use my cb this morning because I was at work and figured pm test would be better. I usually O at cd18 or 19?! Should I count this morning's as positive and bd but keep testing?!

HELP!!!!

Attachments

• opk23.jpg
    opk23.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 12
So I took that picture at 10mins+, but going back and looking again, they all look fine now. Sigh. Why did those take so long to get dark?! I had a complete panic attack!!!! I even dipped a third one before it was all said and done. :shrug:

Attachments

• opk232.jpg
    opk232.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 7
It looks like you could ovulate in a few days. I normally test in the morning with my CB and cheap OPKs at night. I know you said you didn't have enough to do that. Sorry about your loss. My cycle after a mc always seems to be about a week longer than my normal cycles. So if I normally O on the 13-14th, I instead O around 19-21. Since you normally O around day 19-21 it is possible you won't O until cd 28-30. My tests seem most accurate in the morning.

My holds are around 4hours, for how much I drink I don't get reliable tests otherwise.

Good luck and keep up at least EOD bedding. :)

Sooooo close! What do you think? Maybe a positive this afternoon?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 7
probably positive this evening or tomorrow morning if you progress like I do.

What do you think? Evening test. At least 5 hour hold because we were out all day. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
With the others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 3
Looks great, you are in your LH surge. I mean while technicially that isn't positive, it will be before you fall asleep. I would just mark a + today and probably tomorrow. Mine did what yours is doing yesterday! You are just 24 hours behind me.

8pm test still not +. Since we bd last night, I am going to give him the night off and bd 3 days starting tomorrow, with hopefully a blazing positive!!!!

I don't THINK he has any sperm issues, but we have never had his count looked at, so I think (with it being 4-5 days in a row by the time we are done here) I should give him the night to "recharge" since the coming days will probably be more crucial. We used preseed last night, so hopefully his little swimmers are still hanging out in there on the off chance I drop an egg before the next bd tomorrow evening.

I'll keep temping to see when I spike. I'll update with tomorrow's test. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel