How long do you lie down for after?

LPF

Reaction score
I've been pregnant twice, second time ended in a MMC.

First pregnancy took 6 months to concieve and on the month I conceived I started not getting up at all after dtd and just going straight to sleep. Prior to that I was leaving it about 20-30 mins.

When we started ttc no 2 I applied the same principle and didn't get up at all and we conceived first month trying after 1 DTD. BUT I got a really bad UTI the day after and was knocked off the rest of the week (hence only 1 DTD) and took antibiotics which I'm sure contributed to my MMC (I never thought I'd be pregnant having only DTD once about 3 days before ovulation!)

Anyway (getting to the end of essay!), now we are ttc again. Part of me thinks not getting up at all is the only way to conceive (but part of me thinks its just coincidence!) but I'm scared of getting a UTI again. I've been waiting 20-30 mins then going for a wee but no BFP yet.

What do you all do?

Makes no difference. I have been trialing both with #1 and ttc #2 and neither up nor down seems to make any impact. 14 months, at least half n half method.

I dont know if it makes any difference or not but i just used to go to sleep right after BDing and i got bfp :)
i had uti the first two months of ttc but that was because i was drinking less water to use opks. This month i just checked once daily in the morning and drank around 1.5 litre water everyday. Didnt get any uti.

i wasn't aware that laying down afterwards was related to UTIs. I always go to bed right after and never gotten any UTIs. there may be other factors causing the UTI, no?

In any case, I plan to continue laying down for a long while afterwards so that I can get as much spermies to the egg as possible.

I always lie down afterwards and haven't had a uti from this yet. That said, I don't think it makes much difference. I would prob try and stay still for 30 mins or so and then if I needed to wee, go after that?

Good luck, sorry about your mmc :-( xx

I always go straight to sleep! With my DD I put my toes on the headboard and lifted myself up just to be sure :blush: I haven't done it with trying this round though!! Haha

Was reading through this as I am interested in whether laying down/geting up affects your chances of concieving, and noticed a lot of comments about the UTI's.. I have had a couple of these in my time, and they are actually caused by bacteria working it's way into your bladder. So nothing to do with your man's baby-gravy and laying down after doing the deed.

If you are more susceptable to getting them, I recomended showering before DTD!

thanks KatBar, that's what I thought too.

They say u should always urinate after sex to get any bacteria that may have inadvertently gotten into the urethra during sex out. So in essence clean it out with urination afterwards is supposed to decrease incidence of uti's.

I have an extremely overactive bladder,and could never just go to sleep after BD'ing.I pee like I'm pregnant,all the time,lol.Even if I don't drink a lot,I still use the bathroom constantly.I really hope it doesn't negatively affect my chances of conceiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->