How long does it take for sperm and egg to meet?

Wannabeam

Reaction score
Hi

Can't remember from ttc first. How long do sperm need to get up to where egg is or is about to be? Is dtd 48hours before possible ovulation too early? Is dtd on ovulation day too late?

I may be wrong since I'm still learning myself, but it looks like the fastest it can happen is 30 minutes? Slower swimmers can take up to a couple days.

I'd like to know when the best time to BD is, too! I know every other day but not much past that, eep. :dohh:

Don't quote me on it but I'm sure its around 24 hours. As they do have a struggle to get to the eggy in the first place, our bodies actually work against the little guys :spermy:

Thanks, that's what I thought. Just trying to work out when to try. At moment I've got everyday this week on the calender circled as I may ovulate any day!

Good luck! They say every other day is better as it gives the sperm chance to rejuvenate.

DH and I did every day this past week too! Except Thursday and Saturday. We needed a break. Looked like I ovulated on Friday though, so I think that puts us in a good window?

I am still new to this too!

I followed Deanna's plan this month , if you google it, basically it says start to DTD every other night beginning CD 8, start taking OPK's on CD 10, when you get a positive opk then try that night, and for the next two nights. I temped on fertility friend and it shows that I ended up DTD the day before, the day of, and the day after ovulation so I hope I have my bases covered!

Your timing is good , sperm can live in there for up to a week waiting for the egg .

I have looked this up one to many times (like oh, a million) and from what I gathered, the fastest swimmers can get there in about 45 minutes. The slower ones can take up to 8 hours.
It is not too late to get one last session in if you're ovulating today. So get to it!

Good to know! Hoping after 7 months of trying first time round with irregular cycles that second time round now with regular cycles I will conceive quicker. When conceiving my first I was ovulating around day 25, but didn't know it, so missed it for months! :dohh:

Hello ladies. I've been doing the deed every night for the past 12 days. Didnt buy ovulation sticks so didnt want to miss that egg lol. Xx

That's the way to get it done!!!
We did the same thing all last week. We missed two days. I was tired...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"