How long does your night feed last?

Islas_mummy

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
My newest addition is 5 weeks old tomorrow and taking 3-4oz every 3 hours, he does one 4-4.5 hour stretch at night though (usually from his 8/9 o'clock feed).

My question to you ladies is, at this age how long did your night feeds last? By the time I get him to take his bottle, burp him, change his nappy and get him back to sleep, it's usually about 1-1.5 hours.

I was just wondering how this differs to others?

My 8 week old varies. She has 5oz usually for her feed when she wakes during night. I never turn light on or change her nappy (unless she's pood obviously) and try to keep her as sleepy as possible. The feed itself is much quicker since I moved up a teat size but the time taken getting her back to sleep varies. Sometimes she never fully wakes so goes straight back after 10 mins, sometimes I'm up an hour or more if she's got wind or decides to poo

At that age, I think maybe 30 minutes in total, give or take, every three hours. She's never eaten as much as other babies her age; at 6 months, she was eating about half as much as many babies 3 months of age.

Mine were definitely 1 - 1.5 hrs when he was that age. It's much quicker now - more like 30-45 mins.

My baby is 5 weeks old and it usually takes 30-45 min for a 4oz feed, change and burping every 3 hours at night time.

My daughter is nearly 8 weeks and her night feeds take about 15 - 20 mins, I wind her half way through (& change her if she needs it) then wind at the end and she is usually sound asleep by then so then I just lay her back down x

It usually takes about 1-1.5 hours by the time I've made the bottle, changed him and fed him (We're still using the level 1 teats which makes it slower but he chokes with the faster ones) I also worry about him being sick once I put him back down in his crib so even though he's fast asleep I'll sit with him for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->