• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How long does your OH have to obstain for before IVF?

yomo

Mummy to Lily x
Reaction score
I am due for EC on Monday..... does anyone know how many days your OH has to hold it for? xx

Hi Yomo,

i've just had my ET and my FS told me that they recommend 4 days but 5 days is fine too...My dh was 5 days...Good luck xoxo

Well I had EC on Monday and my OH cleared his pipes on Friday night, ready for a Monday morning deposit!

So......we emptied last night so he should be ok for Monday then :haha:

Thanks for the replies xxx

Anything longer 48-72 hours abstinance and the sperm start diminishing.

Also (though a bit late now), if your OH clears his pipes ever other day for a month before your EC, then the quality of the sperm can improve. Can't reember where I read that though!

Was told the exact same info as Leilani!

Dh had a count of 6 million one month - where "pipes" were rarely cleaned. Then after a month of every other day "cleanout" dh had a count of 110 million.

:hugs: Best wishes.

Dh had a count of 6 million one month - where "pipes" were rarely cleaned. Then after a month of every other day "cleanout" dh had a count of 110 million.

Wow - that's an insane improvement. I had DH regularly clean out up until last week, I might have to encourage him to keep it up (no pun intended!!).

Wow - that's an insane improvement. I had DH regularly clean out up until last week, I might have to encourage him to keep it up (no pun intended!!).

LMFAO - but it is true! It is a lot to "keep up" but seems worth it. xo

My FS told my OH to keep it untouched for 5 days before ICSI :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"