How long for the pain to go after stitches ??

I will second the Tea Tree Oil in the bath. I have a bath each night with tea tree oil and lavendar oil (needs a carrier oil or milk) I also have air time on my bum in the afternoons...

I also worked out a great position for toilets... it is rather funny. I tend to sit on the toilet then bend all the way forward and put my hands flat on the floor to go then it doesn't sting (you kinda look like you are leep frogging) and the warm water while going to the toilet works as well..

i stopped bleeding at 3 weeks and my stitchs stopped the same time i had stitchs inside and out and lots of them but i couldn't stay still after having LO just need to be up and out all the time but i did over do on several different occasions and swelled up quite bad!! but it soon went down i was out shopping in town after a week.

i think i healed quickly as never stopped still and kept active but this is not for everyone i know but they do say its best to be active but not to overdo it

I had to have emergency forceps and an episiotomy, and had to have over 90 stitches internal and external and Im still suffering now, but I had loads of complications with them (they did the stitches too tight, they split, the midwife had to take a few out, she took too many out, it wouldn't heal then when it started it started healing wrong. So not had a very good time :()

But I used to pour warm water mixed with a little bit of savlon or any disinfectant over me as I was weeing and it eased it.
I also put lavender oil and milk in my baths, and i tried to bath twice a day if that wasn't possible (because it isn't really with a newborn) I would go in at least once a day.
I was also taking ibuprofen and paracetamol (ibuprofen 2 hours later paracetamol 2 hours later ibuprofen and so on) and codeine and paracetamol and they had to give me some other that Im not sure what they were called :S and mepiform patches to try and help the healing
x

i had my baby 2 weeks ago and my stitches are only just starting to be ok, i still get pain and stinging when i pee but nowhere near as bad as the first week. i think it is different for averyone, i had a bad tear and i had an episiotomy they had to call in a registrar because the way i tore and where i was cut they didn't know what went where, so i am hoping mine is put together right,lol.

hi. mine took about two weeks, i would defo reccomend putting lavender oil in your bath , its got aniseptic properties and relaxes you. also femifresh wipes, they didnt sting and kept me clean and smelling nice!. now the best reccomendation i can make to you is this... go out and buy one today... it was lovely

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=68660031&mcb=core

and ...

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=68660031&mcb=core

these were both life savers for me.

Well Im happy to report im pain free now :) still feels weird when go for a pee, although im hoping that is temporary and it feels a bit different down there, again hoping that to is temporary !!!

mama 2b i used kotex th really thick ones they seem ok for me, i had stitches to, had to hava a forceps delivery after been in labour for 56hrs AARRRGGHHH, i was in agony for weeks i think mine started to get better around 7 weeks, its awful aint it, i mean its 7 months now n sumtimes still feels abit uncomfortable at times but nuthin mayjor, fell better soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->