How long in total does your LO nap for during the day?

louise85

Reaction score
My LO naps for short spurts of time, around half hour on average, and only has 2 or 3 a day. He goes to bed quite early around 6/7pm and is awake for around 6/7am. He does wake in between that though.

Just wondered what the total naptime your LO has during the day and how long they sleep for at night?

xxx

Daisy is 1 on saturday so a bit older but she goes to bed at 7pm wakes around 8.30am (sleeps through) then naps about 9.30 - 11.00 then 15.00 - 16.00

x

Chloe's 10 weeks so younger than yours but she literally sleeps for 10 minutes 3 or 4 times a day! Cant complain though as she is sound asleep by 8pm, wakes at 2/3am for a feed then back down until 7am when i have to get her up to walk my son to school. xxx

Moo is 9 months and has a nap from 10-11/1130 and fro. 1.30/2-3 then bath at about 615 and then bed until 7.30am x

My LO is quite a bit younger as well - down around 8 p.m. feed around 2 a.m then up for the day between 5 and 6 a.m. Naps from 8-10 a.m., 12-2 p.m and 3-4 p.m. give or take a few mins. Around 5 hours per day...

My LO is quite a bit younger as well - down around 8 p.m. feed around 2 a.m then up for the day between 5 and 6 a.m. Naps from 8-10 a.m., 12-2 p.m and 3-4 p.m. give or take a few mins. Around 5 hours per day...

I would LOVE Chloe to sleep like yours in the day :haha: They seem to have the same nighttime routine, but definatly not the day! xx

Nolan is like that. He has 2 30 minute naps through out the day and then goes to bed around 7pm and is usually up by 5am. He wakes probably 3-4 times a night still.

My LO sleeps 1 hour during the day, and 7pm-8am over night (co-sleep and awake for as long as it takes to move from cot to my bed and starting suckling...so not exactly STTN)

Ellie is 5 and a bit months - can't give an exact routine but today so far its been like this starting from last night:

7pm - bed
12am - wake for a feed
8am woke up
11.20am nap
12.20pm - woke up

and she'll prob have a sleep bout 3 for 30 mins then bed at 7

at the most we normally fit in 3 20-30 minute naps but today as we were up later (normally up between 6-7) they'll prop only be 2 lol.. but she always without fail goes to sleep at 7

when I used to work in nurseries and in the baby room all the children used to have an hour in the morning and then atleast 2 hours in the afternoon!!

I mentioned this to one of my old work mates and was like "why doesn't Ellie do this???" and "how can I get her to sleep longer???"

and her reply.."when my son wakes up I just leave him in the cot" lol

but the thing is.. Ellie naps in her bouncer down stairs.. she won't sleep in her cot during the day.. and I know if i managed to get her to sleep in her cot they'd be no way i'd be able to just leave her in her cot and she'd go back to sleep.. she'd sit there shouting at me!

Seems it varies then!!! lol I was just worried if he was sleeping too much or too little in the day :blush:

Jackson also sleeps in his bouncer in the day, won't go in his cot, I don't mind too much though as at least he knows his cot is when he has his "big sleep"!

xx

It depends. I work on the weekdays, so he wakes up in the morning with me, M-F at 6am. So he will go to bed at like 10pm and sleep until 6am. If that happens than he will take a big 2 hour nap in the morning and two 1 hour naps in the afternoon and at night.

But when I'm off on the weekends, he will sleep in with me until 8am. So he will sleep from 10pm to 8am. And he will have two 1.5 hour naps in the day! :flower:

LO sleeps from 6:45pm until 6am but she wakes many times at night to eat (we co-sleep). Then a 40 minute nap at 8, a 40 minute nap at 12 and a 40 minute nap at 2. I don't know why they're always 40 minutes, but they are.

At 7 months he sleeps:
8am-10am
1pm-2:30 or 3pm

So 4-4.5 hours total, usually.

He sleeps 7pm-5:30am at night (usually 1-2 waking but now just 1 or none).

It's taken us a lot time of strict nap routines to build up to that! He struggles to sleep so he needs the rigid routine.

charlies 6 months and he sleeps from 8pm till about 7/7.30am so gets around 11 hours at night (he does still wake in the night though) during the day he usualy has 2 naps, of between 30 mins to an hour, so the max he sleeps in the day is 2 hours. so in total out of 24 hours he sleeps 13 hours.

Kacey is almost 11 months. Since 8 weeks sleeps 7pm till around 8am ish then naps for 30 minutes at 10am and 2.5 hours in the afternoon

About 2 hours total. He's never been a sleeper (day or night).

mine LO sleeps most off the day which is great because it means i can get some work done whilst my eldest is at school. Whilst this sounds great he doesnt sleep well at night. He wakes up every 2 hours or so :cry:

Probably 4-5 hours total. He only takes 1-2 naps now, and he's 9 months old.

Summer's 8 months and she usually wakes at 8.30am. From then she'll usually nap around 12 and then about half 4, for around 45 minutes each time :) Then bedtime for around 8 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->