How long should a breast pump motor last?

PresqueVu

Reaction score
Looks like my one is one the way out after 7 months of daily use - just wanted to check with you to see if this is good or bad?

Need to decide whether to replace with the same one or not. Its an avent electric, and I've got on well with it, but I'm *hopefully* going to need at least another 7 months out of the new one I get so it would be annoying to have to keep replacing it. I don't need quite so much use out now I'm not donating milk anymore, but I still need to do it so my husband can do some feeds and its easier for when we visit people.

What do you girls think?

:flower:

you have done well to get that from it with daily use, a friend exclusively breast fed with a tt electric and it lasted 6 weeks. I'd stick with what you are used to!

Really! Well, I expressed with my pump for 8 months with my first....for the first few months this was every 2 hours even through the middle of the night. After that it was less but still every 3 or 4 hours through the day....every day for 8 months!!! (He's almost 8 years old now so its that old too)
Then I lent it to my sister in law and she used it
Then I had Charlie, bought new tubes and bottles for it and I've used it again every single day at least a few times a day since he was born and its still going strong.

Some pumps are guaranteed for a certain number of hours use, ARDO is one brand, they are more expensive though

Thanks girls, might see what crops up secondhand!

Wow, I didn't realize they conked out. :shock:

I have an Ameda Purely Yours -- I got it before DS was born and pumped every day, at least 2 x per day at work for about 7 months. Plus some extra pumping besides that... I've used the same one with DD, pumping at least 2x per day every workday for the last 3 months (so that is 10 months of nearly daily use) and from what I can tell, it is still going strong. :thumbup:

Funny, mine is Ameda Purely yours too :) has had a good year or more of daily use and at least 8 months of that was every few hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->