• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

how long should feedings be?

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
Hey - so my little guy has been having fairly short feedings the last 2 days... 10-15 minutes usually. sometimes a little longer. He's getting lots from the feedings, and still having the heavy wet diapers and lots of poops.

Is this normal now that my milk is fully in, so he doesn't need to feed as long and work as hard to get the milk?

Just felt like before he was on for a lot longer...

Sounds about right hun..your body now knows how much he needs so he ont ave to work as hard ..10-15 min is pretty good

My lo feeds for 20-25 mins on one side then is stuffed. During a growth spurt he feed for 20-25 mins on each side so be prepared :) Your lucky some babies feed for 1hr plus and needs it every 3 hrs.

There are no rules on the time they should feed. Your LO is still only very young and still learning to get the milk out effectively.

I think it is different for everyone. My LO feeds for about 10 mins each time, I think he just takes big gulps. If he looks and seems satisfied, then it sounds like he is getting enough. :)

x

Sounds fine to me. If he's having 2-3 hours between feeds he's probably just an efficient feeder!

I had a friend over today who'd be sooo jealous. Her LO is 4 weeks old and feeds for 40 minutes every 2.5 hours... so... she's spending literally a third of her day and nights BFing! I'd be :sleep:

I had a friend over today who'd be sooo jealous. Her LO is 4 weeks old and feeds for 40 minutes every 2.5 hours... so... she's spending literally a third of her day and nights BFing! I'd be :sleep:

Jack has had a couple of days like that. It is exhausting.

Now he is tending to feed for 15-20 minutes every 3-4 hours. As long as your LO is healthy and content then he's getting enough natalie, don't worry.

Caine feeds for anywehre bewtween 5 mins for a drink and 25-30 mins for a big session! My milk comes out fast so is constantly coming off for a breather :rofl: bless him.... as long as you can hear him gulping, he is satisfied and nappies are full etc I was told its all fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"