How Long Should Male & Females be Smoke Free Before TTC?

Maple_Fairy

Reaction score
I've tried googling this to find out some accurate information but struggling, specifically for men. Does anyone know how long a male and female should be smoke free for before TTC?

Thanks! :thumbup:

I don't think there is a set amount of time. Both me and my OH were smoking right up until I found out I was pregnant (we weren't TTC though, DS was a happy accident!) so for us it didn't affect our fertility at all and when they did my breathaliser thing at my booking in appt with the midwife it came back 100% normal evwn though I'd only not been smoking since I found out so about... 4wks probably. I hope this helps!

I would say at least a few months before ttcing or as soon as you can.

As long as you can really! The earlier the better and more healthy for your child.
My mum smoked while pregnant with me, and I have quite a few issues with my breathing.

Smoking during potency can damage baby's development so so before you ttc because damage can be fine before you know your pregnant, I'd say a month before minimum to get the toxins out your lungs but the sooner you stop the better it is for your own health

Thanks! Me and OH were just having a debate about it and he was saying I would have to give it a year after not smoking but I said otherwise! He managed to quit almost two years ago but I'm still trying after two failed attempts! He thought women would have to stop longer than men for it to be 100% safe but I thought about a month would be good enough!

I was 1 month smoke free when I fell pregnant.

Next month I will be 4 years smoke free :)

The longer you've stopped smoking, the better shape your body will be in. Of course people can get pregnant while smoking but ideally if there is any chance that you could get pregnant you shouldn't be smoking. Good luck quitting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"