How long should the luteal phase be?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Stellae, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Stellae

Stellae Well-Known Member

FF tells me I O'd on The 5th, but I think they're a day early and it actually happened the 6th. I noticed some spotting just now, so if AF pops in tomorrow that would put me at a 10 or 11 day luteal phase. Is that too short? Wikipedia says less than 10 is bad, but I certainly don't want to go making myself nervous over something I saw on Wikipedia!

I don't think I have low progesterone issues judging from the amount my temp rises. Besides my body not recognizing a fertilized egg and kicking it to the curb, is there anything else I should worry about?

2. Lala27

Lala27 Guest

Anything less than 10 days is not good. Average ebbing 12-16 days. I don't think you should worry but if you are, a b6 along with a b complex will lengthen you lp by a f
    Ew days. They must be taken together though. Good Luck

3. nutty1smrs

nutty1smrs Member

Less than 10 isn't good, ideal is 12-16 days like lala27 says.

4. redbubble

redbubble Well-Known Member

Hi, Just popped back over from 2nd tri.
    My LP is 11 days and i conceived the 3rd month after my OH had his 11 year vasectomy reversed. (we knew it would take 3 months for his little men to get through anyway).
    11 is fine as a LP

x