How long till you got a period?

AngelMomB

Reaction score
For those that were on the birth control pill and then stopped to ttc, how long did it take for you to get your first period (if you didn't conceive the first month)?

And if you did conceive the first month, can you please reply?

I just stopped mine last cycle, and haven't gotten a period yet, and BFN tests. :shrug:

So I assume i'm waiting for my period...

Its frustrating, cause if it's gonna come, I want it to come and get it over with and try again :growlmad:

I stopped my bcp mid-cycle so I think that's why my period came back instantly (within 5 days). I had three cycles before TTC.

I stopped my bcp mid-cycle so I think that's why my period came back instantly (within 5 days). I had three cycles before TTC.

I stopped mine mid cycle too. I stopped after the 5th pill.

Still no period. I had light spotting (pink/brown) but still no period.
Its been almost 3 weeks.

I thought maybe pregnant but so far, no positive tests. I just want it to come already.

I finished my pack and just never started a new one, so my periods went back to normal right away. Or at least my new normal now that my body is all adjusted.

It took a little over a month for first AF post bcp, then I didn't get AF for almost 3 months, then about a month and a half until I regulated into 36 day cycles generally. Everyoneis so different as to regulating after bcp. Some bounce back fast, and some like me take longer.

I conceived dd 18 months after my last bcp :)

I currently ttc #2 but did not go back on pill after giving birth.

Good luck!!

That seems so long... lol I need to stop being so impatient.:cry:

What birth control pill where you on? I was on Ortho tricyclen LO (not sure they even make that still lol) when I was in my 20's came off of it and got pregnant before even getting a period. I regularly got my period with that pill though each month.

What birth control pill where you on? I was on Ortho tricyclen LO (not sure they even make that still lol) when I was in my 20's came off of it and got pregnant before even getting a period. I regularly got my period with that pill though each month.

Aubra combo pill. I get a period monthly on it.. well a fake period anyways lol.

I literally just got my period. I'm kinda relieved cause now I know I'm ovulating and I can try next month and hopefully conceive!

I do not want to wreck the mood but I have read you can still get a period with out ovulating but I could be wrong! Get a good OPK like Clearblue advance/Clearblue easy digital and start testing from CD10 or whatever it recommends and that should help you although I think you need to follow it up with temping to confirm you actually o'd. Good luck!!! Baby dust to you!

I do not want to wreck the mood but I have read you can still get a period with out ovulating but I could be wrong! Get a good OPK like Clearblue advance/Clearblue easy digital and start testing from CD10 or whatever it recommends and that should help you although I think you need to follow it up with temping to confirm you actually o'd. Good luck!!! Baby dust to you!

Thanks! I have read that too. It does seem like a real one though... on the pill the period isn't very heavy. This one is really bad... brings me back to the days of before I started BC, so hopefully this is it!

I literally just got my period. I'm kinda relieved cause now I know I'm ovulating and I can try next month and hopefully conceive!

Huzzah! Will you be doing anything to track ovulation?

I'm just gonna have sex as much as possible. I charted and have an estimate of when i'll ovulate, but i'm not going to use opk's or temp. I end up obsessing and going crazy!!:wacko:

Hi All,

Am a bit late to this post but it seems to fit my own questions so here goes...!

So, took last BCP on Sat 19th May, had normal withdrawal bleed 6 days later which is usual for me. Based on a 28 day cycle returning immediately, I would have been due AF on June 22nd. A few days leading up to that date I had some cramping, bloating and was nauseous ALOT with food aversions. Took a test that day and BFN. Some really light spotting the next day 23 June and I assumed it was my period starting - but still nothing. Felt better over the weekend and now today I feel nausea on and off again. Currently at cycle day 34. Any advice on what to do? At this point I would be happy to get AF so as to know things were getting back on track for me...

Am just wondering if any of the previous posters on here would share updated experiences, or anyone else share their experience of coming off the BCP and TTC...

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"