How long until regular?

Try2bpatient

Waiting for #1
Reaction score
Hey ladies! I'm still struggling with what my body is up to. I came off bcp in early June. I had my normal AF June 4. Then I didn't get another AF until August 4! I was always regular before and during bcp, but I know it can take some time to adjust. I was due around sept. 4 for next AF but she never showed. I am getting all bfn but plenty of pregnancy symptoms. How long did it take everyone to get regular cycles after bcp and does anyone know if I can still even be ovulating regularly with irregular periods? Soo confused!

I went off BC about 5years ago but my periods were normal straight away. They say it can take the years you were on it in months to sort it out.......that probably didn't make any sense ha ha. But basically 6years on it 6 months to sort it.
That said generally it shouldn't take that long, usually only a few months, but everyone's different.
Have you been to the doctor? Maybe you have irregular periods anyway and may need something to help you to regulate them?
Sometimes weight issues (over or under) can effect them too?

Just throwing some options out there :)
I'd take a trip to the doctor, tell them your TTC or thinking about TTC and you want t make sure everything is ok and in working order :)

Wow, okay I had never heard that before but that's interesting. I always seemed to be regular before being on bcp and while I was on it, so now I'm actually hoping I'm pregnant now. I'm headed to the dr on Friday so hopefully I will get more answers then! Thanks for your help!

I know what you're going through - I was on BCP for 17 years and just came off of it in June. I fortunately had an excellent trainer at the gym that suggested that I start taking vitex, folic acid and a b complex the month before I came off the pill. I at least have been getting my periods but only started ovulating this cycle. I hope the doctor has some good news for you.

I'm one of the lucky ones who's cycle returned to normal immediately. I can't confirm that ovulation returned straight away since I wasn't using opks then. I was on BCP for like 5 years.

I went off bcp in June as well - my advise is to start bbt charting so you can confirm that you definitely ovulated...

I've been taking vitex & red raspberry leaf supplement to even out my periods.

Yep I agree. Bbt was how I was able to tell I O'd this cycle.

I got pregnant first cycle of coming off of BC after 10 years solid with DD. been off it again for a month now (about 30 days) and not got AF yet but plenty of BFNs so guessing its gonna be tough this time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->