How long was your labor&delivery?

induced 40+4 with gel. 2-10cm in hour. 2 hr pushing. 3 hours in labor in total! no pain relief 9lb 3oz

induced 40+13 :( synto drip. 2 hours 30 min 1st stage. 15mins pushing.total labor 2.45 hours. no epidural. 11lb 2!

Only got one but about 57 hours of labour back to back au natural (v.proud of myself) and 10 mins pushing if that :)

With my first i had pains from the previous evening, all through the night, all through the day and at 7pm my waters went. Went into the hospital, spent 12 hours on gas and air, pethidine, epidural, crying, sleeping, begging for it to be over, started pushing at 6am and she was out by 6.58.

With my second i had pains for days, felt a little gush of water around 4pm, went to the hospital, found out i was already 5cm, spent till 9pm in the birthing pool, had my waters broken, was given an epidural but she was out before it kicked in at 10.58.

DD1 induced at 41 weeks so was in labor for 5 hours and had an epidural

DD2 went into labor at 39 weeks, 1day, had her in 3 hours! She came so fast I didnt have time to receive ANY meds so ended up being totally natural

From first contraction to birth - 24 hours. Just gas and air and birthing pool. Back to back labour and baby weighed 8lb 3oz.

From first contraction to birth was 41 hours. I had an epidural 7 hours before the end. Pushed her out without any interventions in exactly 1 hour.
Good luck with your next birth, hope you get to hospital in time xxx

I was induced on Monday 2nd September, our little girl was born on the 4th September. My labour was fairly easy, nothing happened on Monday with the propress. Tuesday afternoon I had the gel, things progressed shortly after, waters broke at 4am ish on Wednesday morning, got moved to a room Wednesday morning at around 8-9am, was 3cm dilated at 1pm, our daughter was born at 15:51. So established labour was about 3 hours. If you count the whole thing together 1-2 days :) I had gas and air which I gave up after a while as it made my throat sore as anything, I also had pethidine.

6 hours first one...went into labour with no warning at 39 weeks
3 hours second one...had a few hours of niggles and a show before proper labour commenced. (after a sweep) at 41 weeks.
X

First contraction was around 5am, arrived at hospital around 8:30, epidural about 10:30, had her at 3:28 after about 20 minutes of pushing.

I was in pre-labour (regular contractions all day that fizzled at night) for 3 weeks and then active labour for 56 hours. I only pushed for 20 minutes though. I didn't experience any transition whatsoever or the ring of fire, so overall I had a nice experience. :)

Was 1cm at 2am, went home, waters broke at 9am and body was pushing. Got to hospital at 10am after nearly giving birth in the ambulance (not sure how i managed to hold him in for 2 hours!!) and had him at 11am!

Was actively pushing for 1 hour, in labour for no longer than 9 hours :thumbup:

Nr 1 labour 9 hours with 3 hours of active labour
Nr 2 labour 6.5 hours with 1.5 hours active labour

With my first baby, active labour was 1 hr 58 minutes. With baby no.2 (12 months later) my active labour was 9 minutes. That was from 3cm to placenta delivered. I did have contractions prior to established labour though so I knew what was coming, especially with no.2 as I expecting it to be quick (but not that quick!)

My first 2 are 15 months apart! My first labour was 1 hour 40 mins, my 2nd was 1 hour 39 mins and my third was 3 hours so its hard to judge!

Generally they do get quicker! I worried so much this time about making it to the hospital in time and as oh was workin I was panicking as I needed to sort the kids out too!

We got to the hospital at 5 n I gave birth at 8.02am but 2nd and 3rd stage of labour were only 7 minutes each so I was very fast again!

I'd just say have everything ready in advance if u can! I was rushing round packing my bag and a bag for the kids whilst having contractions n it made the situation so much more stressful! x

1st was 19 hrs of active labor, 13 spent with epi in, followed by an assisted delivery of forceps, and episiotomy

2nd was 36 hrs of slow labor hell (all of which I spent at home), followed by 5 hrs of active labor, 3 hrs with epi in, then turned off the last 2 remaining hrs so I could feel the urge to push on my own and feel him being born. 35 mins of pushing, and no tears either :)

kind of hard to tell, but active labor part was much faster at least, and delivery was much smoother

my first was 24 hours, second was five hours, and last was 2.5 hours:)

Well, on the bright side, fast labors tend to be too fast for problems to develop? My labor was about 3 hours from the time my contractions woke me up early in the morning to the time I gave birth. I had a planned home birth but where I'm moving next, I won't have that option, AND I'll be a bit more than a half hour from the hospital. I'm considering giving birth at home and just calling an ambulance to check in on us and then driving up to the hospital the next day if all is well. The other thing I'm thinking of is vacationing where home birth is an option, for the last month of my next pregnancy.

As far as typical patterns, I believe it's typical for second labors to be about half as long as first labors unless there's a malpositioning problem in which case the second COULD be longer.

In the end, you NEVER know what labor is going to be like whether it's a first or a second labor. If you find yourself alone and in a very fast labor, would you be able to call an ambulance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->