How long were you TTC when you got BFP?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by willow77, Oct 6, 2008.

1. willow77

willow77 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Congratulations to all the :bfp:'s

Just wondering how many months you were TTC when you got your :bfp: and if you did everything different that month.

Any tips on keeping sane during the 2week wait as I have become the most impatient women ever the last few months.....

W x

*Sorry title should say BPF!!

2. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

hi the title is right, i came off the pill had 3 cycles then got preg, then had m/c then had one cycle and got preg again im 5 wks 4 days now, this time around after sex i laid in bed for an hour with my knees up so the sperm could swim up...hehe.
    how long have you been ttc for?

3. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Im lucky...really lucky, it was only my 2nd month TTC and i got a BFP on Friday just gone....im approx 5 weeks 3 days now.

I didn't do much, DH did all the work...every day for just over a week at all different times :winkwink:

4. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

With my first son it was a suprise so hard to gauge.
    Second DS it took 8 months to conceive.
    I had had one tube removed 9 months prior due to an eptopic.
    This time it took two months of very active trying *blush*
    We just went at it like rabbits towards the date of my period and presto.

I also had hubby wear loose boxers,drink lots of water and not to overheat his nether regions LOL

5. happyfamily123

happyfamily123 Expecting Baby #3

I was ttc for 4 months when I got my first bfp that ended in m/c and then for a year and a half when I got my next bfp (6 wks along) so a total of 20 months or so. hopefully this one sticks

6. Clartylou

Clartylou Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2

We were very lucky and concieved the first month of trying. Am almost 9 weeks pregnant and still can't believe it happened so quickly.

Clartylou x

7. diva4180

diva4180 Well-Known Member

We were on our 11th cycle when we got pregnant :) first DS was a surprise, and unplanned :)

8. sam040509

sam040509 Mum of 4 beautiful kids!

We started TTC in April 2002 so it took over 6 years! We had unexplained infertility so it was just a case of keep trying. I am 10 weeks now and have my 1st midwife appointment tomorrow. Just desperate for my scan now for a little reassurance as its taken so long i am terrified!
    Good luck TTC xx

9. todteach

todteach Dreams can come true

We had only tried once and got pregnant right away. Unfortunately ended in mmc. Going to try again at the end of the month.

10. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

I came off the pill in August 2007, but actively tried to conceive since the end of May this year, so I was quite lucky that it didnt take that long - around 2 cycles. I am now 7 weeks 6 days pregnant :cloud9:.

I watched my 'fertile signs' (mucus etc) and tried BD around those times as well as after, as I I actually ovulated later than I thought... so just keep going with BD until you think your period comes. I guess ovulation comes at different times for each person, and even though they say it is usually 14 days before your period, I dont think thats always correct.

We would usually BD at night before going to sleep so afterwards I pretty much went to sleep so that the swimmers had the best chance of staying in me (tmi I am sorry).

As for the 2 week wait, well for me it was more like 3+ week wait (with the irregularity of my periods)... I am also very impatient and basically filled my days with searching online and reading about others who were in the same situation... other times I just tried to 'have faith' and try not to think about it too much (easier said than done)!

Good luck!!!!!

11. Noonie

Noonie Well-Known Member

I stopped having the depo jab, it then took nearly two years to get my BFP which sadly ended in a MMC, that was last Sept 11th - Just got my BFP today so that one took 13 months almost.

12. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

We stopped using condoms in May 08 and started ttc but missed ovulation:dohh:

We got a :bfp: after my cycle in June but unfotunately it was a chemical pregnancy.

My next cycle I never ovulated and my whole cycle lasted 18 days(usually 27/28)

And we finally managed a sticky :bfp: the next cycle..

So 4 months/cycles so we are very very lucky!!

I spent my 2ww researching stuff on gogle, comparing my FF chart to others and chatting on here, and when I got to 9DPO I got to poas every day!!

Good Luck!

Emma.xx

13. Fluella

Fluella Well-Known Member

we started trying in may and got out bfp in Sept so 3 months. used internet to work out when i would be ovulating but didn't do much else.

14. willow77

willow77 Well-Known Member

Thanks girls for all your responses, good to hear your different :bfp: stories, makes me realise that we are all very different and it will happen when it happens and that I really should stop stressing about it as it is only our 5th month of TTC.

Think I am just going to enjoy lots of :sex: :blush:and start the stressing after Christmas if no :bfp: by then!!

Congratulations to you all, you must be so excited...