How long were your stages in your labour/s?

babyhopes2010

one boy one girl.perfect!
Reaction score
iv been told they tend to get shorter, my labour with my 1st was v quick.
Surely it couldnt been quicker than that:shrug:

2-10cm 1 hr
pushing 2hr 10min(i know this reduces alot with 2nd)
3min for placenta after birth

no pain relief

Bit worried about not making it to hospital

DS1 it started slowly in the morning. then missed waters 9pm. was 4cm around midnight i think. he came 6am. hospital labour was 5 hours

DS2 felt like in labour for 2 weeks. always silly contractions. missed plug 5 days before he came. woke up in the 17th, we hurried to the hospital was 8cm. then it slowed down in the end.... so again 5 hours labour recorded in the hospital.

had more powerful contractions with DS1. had to push much more with DS1... in the end.... not sure which labour was better. but i cried the first 2 nights remembering DS2 labour. so maybe DS2 was more traumatizing for me. ps had not pain killers.

It could be quicker. I thought too there was no way my 2nd labor could be quicker then y first.
With ds1 from when i felt my first contraction till i had my son was about 5 hrs. I went to the hospital after midnight (4cm) and i was holding my son by 5am.
Actual pushing was minutes (pushed through 3 contractions)

Ds2. From first contraction to holding my son was only a few hrs.
Actual pushing time.. None :)
I only had to do a half push to get his shoulders out

I woke up with contractions every 5 minutes at 6am, got to the hospital by 8.30am and was admitted 2cm dilated. Went into active labor at 11am (4cm) then around two hours later my waters broke and I was 8cm. At 2pm I was ready to push and baby was born at 2.25pm. So from the time I woke up with contractions to her birth it was 8 and a half hours, but the active labor went by fairly quickly, which was the part that sucked the worst, so if next time goes faster than hey, even better :)

With my first I was literally 12 hours from the very first contraction to pushing out my baby.

With my second I was almost exactly 5 hours from the very first contraction to pushing him out. I got to the hospital after two hours of contractions and was 4cm. So it took three more hours to get to ten cm and push him out. Not sure how long I was pushing for.

I never had any of the slow build up mild contractions though. From the very first one with both I was in agony.

If your worried have you thought about a home birth??

With my first I was literally 12 hours from the very first contraction to pushing out my baby.

With my second I was almost exactly 5 hours from the very first contraction to pushing him out.

I never had any of the slow build up mild contractions though. From the very first one with both I was in agony.

If your worried have you thought about a home birth??

i have thought about it but i had polyhydromioes with first so was induced with gel. :( mw says poly usually happens again

My waters went on the Friday at 11pm, went into get induced Sunday 3pm, started on the drip Monday 3pm, was on the syntocinon for 26hrs, baby was back to back and got stuck at 7cm so ended up with an EMCS.

Hmm well if you have gel to be induced wont you be in hospital anyway? It'll just be if you go into natural labour you'll just have to go straight to the hospital lol.

I was 2cm when I arrived at hospital at 11pm. By 2.30am, I was 9cm and started pushing at 3.30am. Max was born at 4.35am. My active labour was recorded as 3 hours, 45 minutes and he would have been born a lot sooner if he hadn't been stuck, as I had a forceps delivery.

Also quite anxious that my next could be quicker!

From the beginning to when I was pushing it was seventeen hours. Only two pushes which only took like literally two minutes. And the placenta came out straight after. I do hope my next labor is shorter, haha!

Hmm well if you have gel to be induced wont you be in hospital anyway? It'll just be if you go into natural labour you'll just have to go straight to the hospital lol.

yeh but if i have poly they wont let me have a home birth :(

I was in labour for 56 hours total with my first. First stage lasted who knows how long. I was in pre-labour for at least 2 weeks before having DD with often regular contractions. I count the 56 hours from when I was about 4 cm and having completely regular contractions that a warm bath did not stop.

Second stage lasted only 20 minutes, and third stage was only 15 minutes!

0-10cm took 3hrs ish my dd was born in her waters after two pushes. Placenta came out straight after. My hospital is an hrs drive away so i am also worried about making it to hospital for my next.

My labour was 16 hours I'm not sure if that was just active labour, my waters broke 29th I gave birth 31st.

I'm hoping it will be quick in the future, no fun in lying on a bed for that long lol x

3cm - 10cm in 1.5hours and pushed out in less than 30mins. So yeah bit worried for next time around lol

With my first I was 10hours, that was with an hour pushing time.
My second was 3and a half hours including 15mins push time

1st labour-
0-5cm -15 hours
5-10cm -6 hours
Pushing stage was 1hr 15 mins and I needed suction delivery

2nd labour-
Hard to tell really! Contractions were no worse than braxton hicks and then suddenly they upped to incredibly painful. I dilated almost fully I guess in 30 minutes as on my hospital notes my active labour was recorded as 38 minutes. Pushing 2 minutes.

From the first contraction to the baby arriving, it was a total of 32 hours.

1-10cm - almost 4 days
pushing - 1 hour
placenta - about 50 minutes they snapped the cord off so I had to squat over a bedpan so gravity would help it out. Almost had to go to theatre

Oh I've no idea but whole labour, start to finish lasted 6-7 hours. I don't think I was pushing for that long. For only having gas and air my memory of the whole thing is very blurred!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"