How long were your stages in your labour/s?

From my disharge notes
1st stage 4 hours
2nd stage 30 mins
3rd stage 5 mins

I was placed on the hormone drip at 3 hours as was been induced .
Think I'm going to aim for a home birth next time as it was pretty quick and I just had gas and air for pain relief :)

Start of contractions - 3cm - 14 hours
3cm-10cm - 11 hours
Pushing - 3 hours

3rd stage - Baby born by forceps and placenta delivered. Complications so in theatre for a while.

stuck at 2cm (but contracting) for about 61ish hours. then from 2-6 in an hour, 6-10 in 15 minutes and pushed for an hour. had morphine during the 2cm stalling due to massive gallbladder attacks, and some nausea medication because i vomited every hour on the hour.. then fentanyl (dont even bother.. useless) for the hour i went from 2-6, from 6-10 they hooked up the gas.. i hallucinated wile in pain.. yay? then they were trying to insert the epidural but i had to lift my bum off the bed as her head was coming out, so no epidural for me.. pushing was (obviously) unmedicated.. crazzyy

Waters went at midnight on the Tuesday night & contractions had stopped when I got up. They got going at lunchtime so about 5 hours until they were 1 in 5. Took an hour to get to hospital and he was born an hour later with maybe 30 minutes pushing. Placenta was quick & I didn't notice. Will be going to hospital asap if I ever do it again! X

First labour:

4-10cm - 1hr 45 mins
Pushing - 11 minutes
Placenta - 2 minutes later

Second labour:

4cm to Placenta delivered - 9 minutes, 2 of which were pushing.

So yep, quick labours can get even quicker!

Can I ask, did you tear?? I know its common in quick labour to have severe tears! If not then I'm very envious lol

Sadly, massively. It took 2.5 hours to do the repair work.

I had to be induced (with gel) 2-10cm was 10 hours then 15 minutes pushing.

First labour:

4-10cm - 1hr 45 mins
Pushing - 11 minutes

Second labour:

Can I ask, did you tear?? I know its common in quick labour to have severe tears! If not then I'm very envious lol

I tore badly too (3rd degree) and it was a shame that after doing it with no pain relief at all that I then had to have a spinal block and couldn't be mobile with my new baby on the first night which was very frustrating. At least I had no lasting damage and wasn't in any pain afterwards. Could have been soooo much worse.

Waters broke 4.30am
Contractions started 1pm (like being hit by a truck)
Got to hosp 2pm was 2cm
Body started pushing at 2.50pm, sure enough fully dilated!
Pushing for nearly 3 hours (baby back to back), for most of which we could actually see her head, before being rushed into theatre for emergency spinal and forceps delivery as her heartbeat kept disappearing. Also took 2 hrs to sew me up :(

First labour:

4-10cm - 1hr 45 mins
Pushing - 11 minutes

Second labour:

I tore badly too (3rd degree) and it was a shame that after doing it with no pain relief at all that I then had to have a spinal block and couldn't be mobile with my new baby on the first night which was very frustrating. At least I had no lasting damage and wasn't in any pain afterwards. Could have been soooo much worse.

For both of my labours the repair work was by far the worst part. I tore badly the first time as well, but worse the second time. The reason it took so long was because after stitching me up they weren't happy so got another Dr in to check, who told them to take all the stitches out and start again!

First labour:

4-10cm - 1hr 45 mins
Pushing - 11 minutes

Second labour:

For both of my labours the repair work was by far the worst part. I tore badly the first time as well, but worse the second time. The reason it took so long was because after stitching me up they weren't happy so got another Dr in to check, who told them to take all the stitches out and start again!

Omg! How was the recovery? X

Incredibly, it was amazingly quick and much much less painful than the first time. I was in Asda shopping 24 hours after birth! Once the stitches were sorted I was up and about within an hour, with very little discomfort and fully healed (externally) within a week.

Incredibly, it was amazingly quick and much much less painful than the first time. I was in Asda shopping 24 hours after birth! Once the stitches were sorted I was up and about within an hour, with very little discomfort and fully healed (externally) within a week.

Wow! And I was in agony peeing from a teeny tiny graze lol

I know - it was really strange. I was in agony after my first birth - sitting, peeing, pooing - everything hurt! But the second time it was totally different, even though technically there was more damage. Oh well, mustn't complain!

this really helped me <a href="https://https://babyoiluse.com/">here</a>

It's amazing just how many quick first births are on here. NCT didn't warn us about quick ones just the long ones!

I'm pretty sure that mine was fine on the recovery side because all the tearing was internal so it didn't hurt when I sat down or went to the toilet. Its more the fear of incontinence etc when its a bad tear.

My 1st birth was pretty quick too. I had very mild contractions as much as an hour apart, occasionally as little as 15 minutes until 6pm. At 6pm I had 2 painful contractions about 20 minutes apart, took a bath and... bam!... painful contractions one on top of the other. Got to hospital at about 7.30pm and was 7cm. I was ready to push by 9pm but was pushing for 3 hours, eventually agreed to episiotomy and baby born next push at 12.05am.

2nd birth I'd been getting BH for a few weeks leading up to it. Had a minor car accident at 6pm on due date, contractions started at about 9pm but wasn't sure if it was the real thing until about 11.30pm because they were just like the BH and half hour apart. Started to feel loads of pressure although contractions were average 6 minutes apart, so rang hospital who said I should go in if I thought it was time. Texted my mum on way to hospital at 2.05am. Arrived in delivery room at 2.30am and fully dilated (just rim left). Got undressed then 1st push - waters broke, 2nd push - whole baby born, 2.47am (17 minutes after getting to delivery room).

Placenta took an hour with 1st, 5/10 minutes with 2nd.

Episiotomy with 1st, 3rd degree tear with 2nd. As PP said, I was disappointed with 2nd to have done it all without pain relief to then have to have spinal block for stitches. After both births I had no pain or discomfort at all from stitches, and healed perfectly... very lucky.

Whole labour 43 hours, active 8 hours.

Went in at 2cm was told to go home. Came back few hours later and I was still 2. Went in final time and they kept me in. Took me over 15 hours to dilate from 2 to 6cm. I wouldn't pass 8cm and it was a risk stretching to 9 so they decided for a sunroof delivery as LO was stuck.

DD#1 8 hours labor (start to finish) about 20 minutes pushing

DD#2 1.5 hours start to finish!! about 15 minutes pushing

DS#1 I was really afraid (like you) that I'd give birth on the side of the road on the way to the hospital! :dohh: Luckily, I listened to my body and went into the hospital when contractions FIRST started. They were only ten minutes apart and totally painless... just felt kind of like I had to go to the bathroom...lol. I went in to the hospital and was 7 cm dilated already!! Weird... Good thing I went in, too, because I went from 8cm to holding my baby in about a half hour. I only pushed through 3 contractions.

So for me, they were faster each time. My Doc said that each baby is individual though, and not for sure shorter each time.

Good luck to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"