how long?

sublime_ivy

Reaction score
I have been having on and off back pains/leg pains/pelvis pains (like period cramps), contractions etc for the nearly two weeks now.

My midwife has said that this is a good sign that my body is preparing but I am just wondering how long I can expect to wait. My due date is next week friday but i have been reading some interesting articles into ethnic minority pregnancies and according to big study, certain minorities tend to gestate fully at 39 weeks (I am of black Caribbean origin).

Anywhoo my main question is with all the pains I have been having can I estimate how long real labour is going to take. I am even in quite bad pain now but I know later it will go away again only to return either tomorrow or late evening.

Im not sure how long this can last for. But could you have a word with your midwife to see if she will give you a sweep to get things going quicker? Or maybe ring labour suite & tell them you cant take the pain no more & you will be exhasted when the real labour starts?

The pain isn't unbearable just more annoying than anything else as I keep thinking this must be it. I am used to really really bad period pains and this is nowhere near as bad. I guess I am just being impatient but I just don't get why I am getting these pains everyday without a sign of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->