How long?

lauren-kate

Reaction score
If I'm only expressing and not breastfeeding, how long will I keep producing milk for? My midwife earlier said that it will probably be less than the 6 months, but I didn't ask her anything else because she's really rude to me and I didn't want to stick around too long. x

Bump for someone who might be able to help? Or did you find your answer hun?

x

as long as your expressing it keeps on forming doesnt it? until you express less and less :S thats what i always thought. i dont know, im doing both, but that was the illusion i had

I kind of gave up expressing because I was having trouble finding the time to do it, and having to go and hide all the time cos I'm still living with my parents and teenage brother (who wants to try the pump out on himself :wacko:).

lilmumma: I'm not sure... My MW said that if you're breastfeeding, then you'll keep producing the milk, but if you're just expressing it'll dry up quicker. xx

Yes, if you are breast feeind you will keep producing the milk. Baby is more efficient at epmtying the breast where as the pump isn't.
Baby will feed regularly every 3 hrs or so if not more so, but pumping you'd have to be incredibly consistent and committed, something to do with chemicals and hormones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"