how long?

thefirstbaby

Expecting #2!!
Reaction score
i have 2 questions.
how long did you wait after giving birth to DTD? the doctor said for me 4-6weeks. it will be 4 weeks next week, but i'm not sure if i'll feel ok down there yet, or if i should just play it safe and wait 6 weeks.

and my second question is..
i am breastfeeding. but i want to try him on a bottle to see how he does. obviously, still breast milk..but i hear sucking a nipple and a bottle are two different types of sucking i guess.. so how soon did you all try a bottle?

We waited 6 weeks. Just wait til you are ready. Also even though I had a section it still hurt, I was breastfeeding too, and for me this is what caused it. The lack of estrogen was not keeping things "right" down there... so my dr prescribed an estrogen cream things were back to normal in no time.

We introduced a bottle very early (1 week) because we did both BF and FF due to his jaundice (was advised by a few dr's to do so) he was fine no confusion what so ever. :flower:

thanks, i may introduce a bottle this weekend .. hoping everything goes well

It's advised to wait to introduce bottle till your LO is 4 weeks old, but do what's best for you :hugs2:

Everyone says different things about the bottle, but I introduced one at 2 weeks and he took to it fine, in fact I still pump all the time and let hubby do a feed a day and grandma gives him bottles when I work, and he still latches onto the breast fine :)

As far as the sex, I actually waited til 7 weeks (mostly from exhaustion though lol ) It didn't hurt at all, I had some lube at the bedside just in case though, but didn't need it!

close to 3weeks if not less. doctor said wait 6 weeks... *shrug*

edit: use alot of astroglide :D

We dtd ten days after section, sounds worse than it was, we both felt ready but annoyingly about a week after my wound reopened so then we waited a few more weeks to do it again. Regards introducing a bottle, we waited until 5 weeks and she goes from bottle to breast very easily. x

well LO is 3 weeks today, so its close enough to 4 weeks if thats really true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->