How many BFN did you get before your got a BFP??

mandm1904

Reaction score
so AF is 2 days late and I have taken tests yesterday and today and they were both negative. How many tests did you all have to take before you got your BFP? Could stress be the reason I am getting negatives?

It could be that you implanted late or it's just taking a little longer for hcg to build up. Some women don't test positive til they're a few days late.

But it could be stress. It could be you ovulated a little late (the luteal phase tends to stay the same so if you ovulate late, AF will come late). It's hard to say. I was a few days late my first month TTC, and I'm sure it was just the combination of stress and psyching myself out. I don't mean to be a downer, I just know how stressful that wait was and how disappointed I was when AF finally came and I want to be realistic. I'm hoping for the best for you!

Im sure stress is a key factor for me. I have never been this stressed about anything in my life!

It's crazy what TTC does to your brain. Are you just starting out or have you been at it for awhile? I slowly regained my sanity after the first insane month. Are you tracking ovulation? I found that it helped my stress levels because it gave me the illusion that I had a little control over the situation ;)

This is the 8 month of trying. The first 7 months we just used an app on my phone to help track but I didn't feel it was accurate. I went to the Dr. and she told me to start OPK's which we started this month. I used a couple different brands at the time so im not sure how accurate they were. We DTD a couple times throughout those days. We are going to try this way for a couple more months before I revisit the Dr to see what the next step is. I am almost 32 years old and my finace is 41.

Hopefully a few months of well timed BDing does the trick! I bet the anticipation of trying something new has you extra stressed. Have you compared your dates according to OPKs to what the app said or what averages are to see if that's why you weren't successful?

I wouldn't be too worried about your age, I'll be 32 in December and I didn't have trouble conceiving. Fertility doesn't really go down significantly til later in your 30s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->