How many blankets do i need to buy?!

HollieQ

Reaction score
For those who have had babies before, or have done all their shopping for their first!.....................................

How many blankets do I need to buy for a winter baby. I want to use cellular blankets for naps and bedtime, and thicker ones for chilly times :flower:

loads, newborns are sicky a lot and sometimes wee through their leaky nappys :dohh: I'd say 4 of each if you do a load of washing every day or so?

what kind do we need to buy?

When LO is newborn, shes going to be in her moses basket, so does she just sleep in a sleepsuit, with a blanket on top??

Lots of people use grow bags for newborns :) Saves you having to worry about blankets.

Amelie didnt like them though as she liked to be wrapped tight so we used to swaddle her in a thin cellular blanket then put a blanket over her tucked under the matress at either side. No idea if thats bad in regards to SIDS guidelines but it worked for us :shrug:

so they can go in a moses basket with a sleeping bag?
im planning to use sleeping bags because they seem so much easier! But that was more when she was in her cot.
Is it as long as their head cant get through the collar bit of the sleeping bag, then its safe?

loads, newborns are sicky a lot and sometimes wee through their leaky nappys :dohh: I'd say 4 of each if you do a load of washing every day or so?

Oh god, i only wash once or twice a week! Argh! With a baby will I get a full load after just a day or two? I'm so tight with my bills I like the washing machine to be jam packed LOL! OMG!

Actually good point, im unsure. Amelie was in a swinging crib so it was a quite a lot bigger.

Oh god, i only wash once or twice a week! Argh! With a baby will I get a full load after just a day or two? I'm so tight with my bills I like the washing machine to be jam packed LOL! OMG!

no comment :haha:

no comment :haha:

:haha: :blush: Oh my bills! They've just said on the news tonight electric and gas are going up 30%! LOL

We had 4 small cellular blankets when Anna was in her moses basket for the first 4 months or so.

Sleeping bags too big for moses baskets, a lot of sleeping bags say 'not suitable for newborns or up to 10lbs'

Anna went into cotbed at 5 months and into a sleeping bag then. She has been in sleeping bags since, her newest one is a size 18-36months! :flower:

https://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/nursery-bedtime.htm

vertbaudet do small ones that will fit in a moses basket and suitable for nb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->