How many blankets?

Mummy and Preggo with #2!
Reaction score
I have been worrying lately that LO is too cold at night which is why he wriggles and wakes up so am just interested to see what the rest of you do.
The room is consistently between 17.5 and 19 degrees all night. He wears a short sleeved bodysuit and a long sleeved sleepsuit with feet. He is then swaddled in a brushed cotton sheet folded double. That used to be all he had so I then added tonight a cotton cellular blanket (single layer). I kept feeling the back if his neck and chest and it still was a bit tepid so I added a brushed cotton sheet. 10 minutes later the back of his neck felt a bit sweaty so I removed the sheet and now it just feels warm.

What do you do?

You would think I'd have this sussed by 9 weeks! :dohh:

M room is around 20 degrees so Evan has a short sleave vest, babygro or PJ's and a sleepoing bag or on blanket folded (thick celular blanket) but he now just kicks that off so often sleeps with nothing oon top!

I am at my mums and it is 17 degrees, he has long sleeve vest, pjs (not feet) and two thikn blankets tucked into the side of the cot so he can't really kick them off.

LO will let you know when they are cold! i am sure I spent the first few weeks freezing Evan as too para bout overheating and he always woke up or wouldn't settle around 3/4am when it is real cold x

Hi hun, my dd sleeps in a vest, sleep suit and then has a cellular blanket folded into four, a fleecy blanket folded in half over her, the bottom half is tucked under her cot mattress. And, if her room gets really cold, I have another blanket to put on her.

My dd's room does get very cold, even if we have the heating on full blast. We've told our landlord about this and he's looking into wall cavity filling thingy to sort it out. Don't know when that'll get done though.

I just keep going in and checking her, but I know if she gets to hot she'll kick off what blankets she doesn't want on or she'll let me know if she['s cold.

My daughters room is kept at 19 degrees. She goes to bed in. A sleeper. Then she is swaddled in a recieving blanket and then a cotton Velcro swaddle(she can get out of the receiving blanket if that's all I use and she can get out of the cotton Velcro swaddle if that's all I use so I use both) and then I have a fleecy blanket over that. She never seems to warm or to cold and sleeps great.

mine has short sleeve vest p,j's then she has 1 like fleecy feel blanket layed beside her gatherd as she likes to cuddle it sleeps on her side with a blankett over her too xx

Our room is between 16 and 18 and she has a vest, sleepsuit and a sheet and 2 celular blankets.

I go by what it says on the bale of bedding i got from mothercare. Under 16 a sheet and 3 celular blankets, 18 a sheet and 2 blankets, 20 a sheet and one blanket and over 22 just a sheet.

Our room is between 21 and 23. my LO sleeps in pj's and thin sleeping bag, sometimes i put thin flees blanket over him. we use to have room temperature under 20 (18,19) but he was awake every night, even when he had vest, pj's and 2 thick blankets over him . he really loves to sleep in warm like his dad :)

jarrett wears a long sleeve sleepsuit with feet, hes swaddled in one blanket, but its a pretty thick one!

if i use a thin blanket, i put another thin one over him as well.

i wear sort sleeves and 2 blankets to bed .. so it makes sense to me that he would be comfortable in long sleeves and 1 blanket

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->