How Many Bottles?

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
I'm hoping to BF when LO born, but if it doesn't work out / have problems etc then we do have some bottles which were part of a starter set by Avent. I just wondered for all you ladies who have bottle fed before/currently bottle feed or for you ladies who also want to BF but just incase it doesn't work out then how many bottles should you start off with? Thanks! :happydance:

hi,

i will be bottle feeding from start and at the moment i have 5 bottles (3 wide that came with steriliser and 2 thin for in bottle warmer when go to town). i will be getting 3 more wide when i get abit nearer due date.

with my other 2 at a guess i had about 12 bottles purley because i would go to town and realise i had left bottle on kitchen side etc, so would buy a carton of milk and a proper bottle.

In theory you would need about 6 a day i believe, at the start.
So i supose that many if you were planning on making them up for the day in advance

i always make 6 up (with boiling water) every night, so i find around 10-12 fab, as that way i can wash and sterilise them during the day, and make them up later at night :D

I have 6 9oz bottles plus 6 4z bottles

I think the general rule is 2 if you're breastfeeding, 6 if you're not. I have 6 I think and I plan to breastfeed but I also plan to express or co-feed if necessary so thought sod it.

I bought 3 small ones and 3 big ones and plan on bf, but gonna express one or two feeds a day

I had 6 with my first and that was fine. This time again I have 6 big bottles and one smaller one. I am going to attempt breast feeding but have the steriliser etc. just in case!!

I'm REALLY hoping to breastfeed!!

We have a starter package on our registry (shower in 2 weeks), and I think there's 6 that come in it. We only asked for the one package...... oh, and we got a free one in the mail, so we'll have a total of only 7. If I can't breastfeed, or find that I need more, we'll go pick up some more. I don't want to buy to many, and not use them :)

We're gonna get about 6, you're gonna want bottles even though you are going to breastfeed. I'm going to breastfeed but when I'm not with my LO I'll want her drinking my breastmilk, so I'll have to pump some into bottles ahead of time. I think you'll be ok with 2 or 3 bottles though :)

ive to many actually now :? hoping to bf but wanting to express aswell as time goes on so suppose u cant have to many ..... think between 7-15 wud be enough especially if ur making them up in advance xx

i am hoping to try and bf,but i have a sterilizer with 3 bottles that i got free when i took out a magazine subscription while we were ttc, and i also have 6 wide neck winnie the pooh bottles that i brought in a sale for £1 per box of 3!

We have 11 in total.

I am hoping to BF but bought some for use when we move onto formula or if I cant BF.

One came with my breast pump (its a smaller bottle) and 4 (larger sized)came in the steriliser....these are the only ones I have opened and washed and sterilised as I wanted to learn how to use them and know before baby arrived.
We have 2 sealed packs of 3 larger sized bottles for if we do need to start BF which we will open and clean as we go.

Emma.xx

I use Avent and I would say 6, thats how many you can fit in the steriliser so makes sense really, also i wouldnt bother getting the cute little bottles as they outgrow them in a few weeks go straight for the bigger ones and just check the flow of the teets xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->