How many children was 'complete' for you?

Discussion in 'Complete Families' started by Wobbles, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Mine is 2.

I'd love another but it's absolutely the right choice for me to stop at 2. My youngest now 9 didn't stop crying until she was 3, I honestly think she's part the reason I wouldn't go to 3 :rofl: :rofl:

2. bdb84

bdb84 Well-Known Member

It's changed for me drastically through the years. We were done, done, done at two.. but then I had a miscarriage and it shook me so much that I knew, in my heart, that I needed another child. #3 has been the biggest blessing to my life, though, and I'm so thankful for the situations that unfolded to lead me to her.

In my pregnancy with her I knew I was done. Three is a good number. Except my personal life changed so drastically (my marriage ended) and I never got around to doing anything permanent other than birth control. I ended up meeting someone new to share my life with and here I am now expecting #4. :cloud9: I did not have baby fever and the thought of raising another baby seemed horrifying to me.. but an even worse thought, ten years from now, was never having a child of 'our' own with this man I will be spending the rest of my life with.

So here I am. But YES I am absolutely doing something permanent once I have this kiddo :haha:

3. JessdueJan

JessdueJan Single Mam to 3 & 2 Whippets

I’m done at 3.

As it stands now I am single so not really in a position to have anymore anyway but even without that being a factor I feel I am happy and complete now though.
    Going back 8-12months I was broody and would happily have had one more even on my own but now with youngest starting school I am completely content with life and excited for the adventures the four of us can go on now they’re all that bit older and slightly more independent. I feel adding a baby into the mix wouldn’t be beneficial to any of us. xx

4. jessmke

jessmke Well-Known Member

We are done at 2. We had initially thought we would be one and done, then after my DD was born I was constantly broody and knew I needed one more. Then we had DS and I haven't had a single moment of broodiness, the thought of getting pregnant/having another baby is horrifying to me! My DH had a vasectomy when our DS was 4 months old so we couldn't have another one anyways.

5. krissie328

krissie328 Well-Known Member

I am definately done at 2. DH had a vasectomy and I feel happy with our family.

6. misspriss

misspriss Well-Known Member

7. Apple111

Apple111 Well-Known Member

4 boys for me, would have liked a girl for our little family but feel we have done our bit now. It’s also hard work ha so I feel once my youngest , now 18 Months is a big older it’s time for mummy and daddy time ! X

8. Buttercup84

Buttercup84 2 girls, 1 boy

3 and done. I'm not anticipating splitting up with their dad but even if that did happen I still wouldn't want any more with anyone else. My third pregnancy was awful and I truly feel that 3 is my personal limit, physically and emotionally.

9. TZNAY

TZNAY Member

We just had our 5th baby 2 months ago and that should do it for us. No more room in the house or the van for a 6th. It was a rough pregnancy for me (whereas my other pregnancies were a breeze), and baby is proving to be quite difficult so I think it's god's way of telling me the 5th is definitely the final one.
    I know eventually I will probably have baby fever again as my friend's are are all planning on more so I'll have to get over that at some point. But mentally, emotionally and physically I have to be done.

10. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

Definitely 2 and done here. I feel like this is my limit!

11. JessyG

JessyG cautiously pregnant #1

Definitely done at 2. I was one and done for years but it always nagged me the thought if having no more now I am 10000% sure no more

12. calliebaby

calliebaby Well-Known Member

I was done at 2, but the 3rd snuck in there. I'm definitely done now.

13. impatient1

impatient1 Mommy to 1 Angel & 2 DD

3 and done here. DH got his vasectomy when baby 3 was about 3 months old and it felt like the right decision. It was the first pregnancy where I knew it was my last and felt ok with that.

14. impatient1

impatient1 Mommy to 1 Angel & 2 DD

3 and done here. DH got his vasectomy when baby 3 was about 3 months old and it felt like the right decision. It was the first pregnancy where I knew it was my last and felt ok with that.

15. eegor

eegor Probably in my jammies.

I thought I was done at 5.

I wasn't.

16. topsy

topsy Well-Known Member

Fob is done with 1. In my heart-i want another one but with my mh it would be selfish. So we are complete with 1. Xxx

17. FlowerFairy

FlowerFairy James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi

I've just had my 5th baby and we are done. I never want to be pregnant again.
    This was the hardest pregnancy, I had GD was on insulin . My waters broke at 37+2 and there was no labour progress so ended up with a section which has been tough!
    I never thought I'd say it but I am 100% finished and I'm extremely happy about it xx

18. DebbieF

DebbieF Well-Known Member

2 is absolutely my limit.

19. LynAnne

LynAnne Mum to 2 Boys

We are done at two. I had thought that I would like three but DH is 100% done with two and, honestly, now that DS2 is here I am absolutely on board with not having any more. I don't want to go through the anxiety of early pregnancy (we had multiple losses) or the exhausting latter stages with two kids to look after - it was hard enough having one and being pregnant. DH wants to get a vasectomy in a couple of years anyway so there'll be no chances of an accidental pregnancy then!