How many children...?

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Just wondering how many children every one aiming for? and how do you know when your family is complete?

I have always pictured my ideal family unit as having two boys - which is what i am getting :happydance::happydance:

but everyone (and i mean everyone even hubby) is convinced that because i have had them relativly young (im 25) that i will want more and will find my self wanting a girl. (even tho i spent the first 20 weeks panicking about the thought of having a girl)

Did any of you have your heart set on a number and then change your mind, or did you know for sure when you were done?

Whilst the idea of 3 doesnt seem horrfic my hubby has this weird thing where we have to have even numbers so it 2 or 4 - ARGH!

I always wanted two b/g. I've just had twin boys so we'll try for another soon and if it's a girl may decide to stop there.

I was perfectly happy with the idea of 2. And ending up with one of each seemed perfect. But OH really wants a boy of his own, so here we are expecting number 3!

I'm not having any more, 3 seems daunting enough and I don't want to end up like my mum and have more later on in life. Her oldest is 28 and her youngest is 10. I've told OH that this is the last regardless of gender.

We'd always said 3, even before we had Earl. After Earl, the plan was still 3. Then Eddy arrived (all 10lb14 of him!) and I was terrified at the prospect and we kind of said, maybe 2 lol.

5 months and a BFP later we're getting 3 lol. The other day hubby said something about 'probably ending up pregnant again' and pretty soon, but I don't think I can do that to myself, my health or to my 3 wonderful children - only got 1 month left until we are a family of 5!!!

I don't freak out at the prospect of having 4 children - I freak out at the prospect of a 4th pregnancy! lol :haha:

Also, I'm the same as you. I'm team yellow (have been for all 3) and I'm petrified that this may be a girl. I'm sure I'll cope and we'll be fine, but I am anxious about it. Very anxious!

I'm 30 in September, and my family has a history of early (around 35) and sudden menopause, so I've got 5 years to make a final decision then I'll be getting treatment for that as it's horrific (seen all my female relatives go through it and I will not be! lol).

I always wanted 2 boys and 2 girls so that they all had a brother and a sister yet I always saw myself with 2 boys and a girl.
Right at this moment I am in so much pain at 38 weeks with my second (well second that got this far) that hubby is looking up clinic numbers for getting the snip and if he doesn't find one soon ill do it with 2 house bricks :)

Smokey - see i told OH he going for the snip - as if this is our last why should i have to take pills for 30 yrs when he can go in for one quick procedure?

Aimee-lou - like you 4 kids not scary but 4 pregnancies freak the hell out of me!! There 14 yrs between me and my brother and i kinda feel sorry for my parents (obvio they love him more then anything) but there at a time when they should be looking at retirement not looking after a 10 yr old! And my MIL got 5 kids spanning over 16 yrs...i can not imagine dealing with babies/nappies and sleepless nights for that long!

im loving the idea that both my kids will be in school by the time im 30 and hopefully moved out way before im 50!

Before i had kids i always said i wanted 3. We had a girl first i was hoping for a boy but was still happy after summer i said i really want a boy next so we have one of each. We had lucas so got what we wanted. I really want another but we cant afford it and i wouldnt want to bring a baby in the world when we are going to struggle as it is. I would love another girl. I am happy with the 2 i av and i know im doing the right and sense able thing but i dont feel like my family is complete.

Well I'm in my very early 20's and I have a boy and a girl, I never imagined having children at this age at all, nor have I ever pictured my ideal family etc so I'm not really sure. I don't have an OH at the moment either.
At the moment I'd say no more for me, but if I did ever meet someone and was in a long term relationship then maybe I'd have one more.

We’re very similar, I am also 25 and expecting my second (will find out tonight what gender...sorry I’m writing this all over the forum I’m so excited and today is DRAGGING!!!) we have decided 2 and we’re done. We will have a better quality lifestyle financially with 2 children and what we can provide for them, don’t really see myself with 3 sounds like a lot of work, kinda glad to be getting the pregnancy and baby stuff done, I see it as a blessing to be doing this young not a curse. I do somewhat worry that if we have a boy that I’d be tempted for a girl, but I don’t think we would ever do that, 2 is the perfect number for us.

I'm getting the coil put back in and hubby will get snipped in a few years, fairly certain this is it for us but I think it would make it more tempting if we couldn't! So just in case we won't be rushing to snip, unless I really don't get on with the coil (no problems last time).

I'd love three, but I do think we will forever be left with two. I wouldnt want a third for years though!

two or possibly three - although I think other children would happen far further into my life (if it does).

I would like two or three, maybe that will change once I have one though :haha: we won't be TTC number 2 until 2017 so I really hope it doesn't take two years again because I would like them to be as close in age as possible! :)

I'm 25 too and would also like to be finished having children by 30, hoping I manage it even if it's by the skin of my teeth :haha:

I'm definately not finished lol I'd love love LOVE more..........but need a fella first :dohh:

Our familys complete, just 1 LO, me Dh and the cat! :) xxx

I always wanted six children, right for as long as I can remember. My DH always wanted two, until we had our third and then she was born sleeping. We are TTC number six now (will be pregnancy number twenty and fingers crossed fourth baby here), so if we are lucky enough to bring another baby home I will of got my six and that will be us complete. I will always wish that I could of had the six at home but I don't get a choice with that.

I'm always shocked at how many people are around my age on here, I'm 24 and always see people as being older lol! I have a boy and a girl and we would defo like 1 more (but not until DS is in nursery) but maybe 2 more. We will see how it goes :) I'm also another thats glad I did it early xx

Always saw myself with a hubby and two boys. Got my hubby, then our first son. We are now expecting our second son. So have got what I wanted :)

Hubby was always adamant we would only have two. But since finding out we are having anothrr boy he keeps saying "well maybe in a few years...we will try for another" I think he wants a girl. Im terrified at the thought of having a girl lol. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->