How many kids do you hope to have?

Hermione394

Reaction score
While we are all in the WTT phase, I thought this would be an interesting thread to have!

How many children do you hope to have? How many did/does your OH want? Did you have to compromise on your number with your OH?

Looking forward to people chiming in! :).

Originally we both agreed on two... now it's as many as I want to carry (his words, not mine)! :haha: I figure we'll take it one baby at a time. Maternity care is free under hubby's insurance, so that doesn't help me and my desire to have several!

Well originally I wanted seven. I had wanted seven my entire life and I'm from a big family and grew up in an area where big families are the norm.

DH on the other hand is one of two and only has 3 cousins (and that includes both sides of the family) and so he wanted one or two.

After having DS (which was a truely awful pregnancy and labor) I said that I was done and DH fell madly in love with being a dad and decided he wanted more so now that DS is older and extra cute and hilarious we've settled on four.

We might decide differently after #2 or 3 but right now 4 is the goal :)

We have 4 from OH's previous marriage. They don't live with us full time, but they are part of our count.

In total, we are planning on around 7 kids (so the current 4, plus 3 more together). We have discussed more beyond that, but haven't committed to any past the first 3 additions. If the first three go well though, OH is open to more beyond. But they have to be going REALLY well ;). lol.

Growing up, I told my parents multiple times that I was going to have 6-7 kids (I was also obsessed with The Brady Bunch and The Sound of Music...so I think those two things prompted my numbers). Working with the current 4, I still am aiming towards that total number. In my mind, OH just jump started me ;).

We would like two or three. It just depends on life! I know that I want at least two. I was an only child until I was 10 and would like for my child to have a sibling close in age to grow up with.

I have two and it's possible that it'll be the right number but part of me wants more, so it could also be more and I'll let things go as they should.

I want three but i won't say no to 4! :blush:

the OH feels the same way, which is nice..

We have 2

Hubby has always said 3

I'm thinking 4...

I wanted 4 when I was younger. Dh wanted 2 we have two ds's and are trying again in may so three altogether providing it's not twins. :/

I always wanted 2 (1 ds and 1 dd) My hubby never gave much thought to children. He knows I want children, but we haven't decided how many. We are taking one step at a time. The first few steps we have taken care of (fall in love, get married, move in together). Now we are working on finding me a job, a bigger apartment, and then children. :)

I've always felt in my heart that I wanted 4. I wanted lots of kids, but not an unusually large amount and just always thought 4 sounded great, and still makes it an even number. Now that I am pretty much 30 this year, and the fact that I do not want to be having kids back to back because I want to enjoy each child in their infancy, and I do not want to be still having kids in my late 30s because of the risks, I do not think I can have 4 :( I still think 3 is very feasible though, but I'm a little sad. Maybe I will have a set of twins?! haha one can hope. But I honestly thought I'd have at least one child by now. I STILL WANT FOUR DANG IT. haha. We'll see.

I'm on the fence of between 2 and 3, I can't decide if we should try again for a 3rd, when we should try, or if we should just be done and leave it at that

We are lucky as we both wanted 4. we have 3 kids atm and plan to ttc our 4th and last in september time.

We are lucky as we both wanted 4. we have 3 kids atm and plan to ttc our 4th and last in september time.

Do you mind if I ask a question? :blush: How far apart are your 2nd and 3rd? And what was it like going from 2-3? I think my biggest fear is handling so many at home alone while DH is working. Any advice from someone whose already been there would be amazing!

Do you mind if I ask a question? :blush: How far apart are your 2nd and 3rd? And what was it like going from 2-3? I think my biggest fear is handling so many at home alone while DH is working. Any advice from someone whose already been there would be amazing!

Sure the gap between 2nd & 3rd is 5 years 4months.
It was actually easier for me going from 2-3 than it was 1-2 but i think that is because of the bigger gap the 3rd time and i didn't get pnd with my 3rd like i did with my 2nd. x

It was actually easier for me going from 2-3 than it was 1-2 but i think that is because of the bigger gap the 3rd time and i didn't get pnd with my 3rd like i did with my 2nd. x

Ok, thank you so much :flower: I was considering a larger age gap between 2 and 3 and hope that will help me cope a bit better.

Ok, thank you so much :flower: I was considering a larger age gap between 2 and 3 and hope that will help me cope a bit better.

I like a bigger gap. My kids are 11, 8, 3 (well eldest & youngest birthdays are in the next 2-3months)

By time No 4 is born they will be 12, 9, 4

well i did want 3 or 4 but i feel like ive been pregnant forever and im suffering on and off, which may sound like minor ranting but honestly its making me only want to have one baby! but my fiance is stern about wanting another! not sure when, probably two years after having our baby girl who is currently on the way!

We currently have one and I expect we will just have 1 more. I want to be able to give my children a lovely childhood and take them on holiday and not have to worry about things. I also wants to progress in my career and being on mat leave does not help. Plus I worry about the world's population.

If there were no outside factors I'd have 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->