How many nappies do you wash in one load?

charli87

Chloes Mummy
Reaction score
well as the title says really:flower:

just i know obviously they clean better when there are not as many in there, but im just wondering how many is too many, or if im washing too little at a time?

i tend to do about 8 or 9 with 1 liner, 1 MF insert and 1 LL booster per nappy, does this sound about right?

I'd say it depends on the nappies really so I tend to go by how full the nappy pail is. I have two of the standard nappy pail size ones (so bigger than a normal bucket, sorry can't remember how big though) and I wash when the one I use for wet nappies is full. That means there will be a full bucket plus a few dirty nappies in the other one. That is my washing machine about 2/3 full (it's a 7kg capacity machine I think). If it was a bucket of Flips, that could easily be 10 covers, 20 inserts and 20 boosters plus a couple of night nappies. If I was using bulkier fitted nappies though, it might only be 10 nappies.

I put about 12 in but I have an 8kg drum so it isn't full. I do it more based on when I'm going to need more clean ones rather than load size!

I wash every three days so that's probably 12-15 nappies each load (we use sposies at night).

I'd say it depends on the nappies really so I tend to go by how full the nappy pail is. I have two of the standard nappy pail size ones (so bigger than a normal bucket, sorry can't remember how big though) and I wash when the one I use for wet nappies is full. That means there will be a full bucket plus a few dirty nappies in the other one. That is my washing machine about 2/3 full (it's a 7kg capacity machine I think). If it was a bucket of Flips, that could easily be 10 covers, 20 inserts and 20 boosters plus a couple of night nappies. If I was using bulkier fitted nappies though, it might only be 10 nappies.

i have a 16ltr nappy bucket if thats of any help not sure if its big or not lol! we only use pockets not aio or anything like that
just looked at my machine it says 6kg capacity so im guessing id need to put in a couple less than you do lol

I usually do 10-12 at a time, a mix of fitted bamboo, cotton and microfibre inserts, covers, wraps, boosters and liners, plus cloth wipes and cotton flannels. It's 1/2 to 2/3 full. I wash when the bucket is full, usually every 3rd day.

my washing machine is 9kg load, So i wash as many as weighs upto that when wet. (yes i do weigh my bucket loads!) I always wash at 60 since my LO had thrush. and i do a prewash and rinse everytime.

I usaually do 2 days worth so around 12-14 nappies, we use flips though so they dont take up much room, then just 2 night nappies, fleece liners and wipes, usually its still only around half a load :)

i have a 6kg washer and there are usually around 10 nappies in there (including two night nappies) - this is when my bucket (16l) is full

rachel_c - i can't believe you manage to have a wet and a dirty bucket, if i did that i'd only have about one nappy in the wet bucket :haha:

my LO has been pooing so so much lately that i wash every night- its a pain- shes teething like mad and theyre mostly all poo nappies so i feel i have to do it every night- because i use flips i need the covers washed to use again- think its time for more covers!!! so i out about 6-7 in the wash!! sometimes less- im not being very eco friendly

i do a wash every 36 hours (so monday morning, tuesday night, thursday morning etc), so normally about 10-12 nappies unless she's had teething poops then i wash every day and can be more nappies than that!

rachel_c - i can't believe you manage to have a wet and a dirty bucket, if i did that i'd only have about one nappy in the wet bucket :haha:

hehe LO poos around every three days... it's not pretty when she does!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->