How many nappies for full time?

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by aob1013, Jan 25, 2011.

1. aob1013

aob1013 Guest

Hi girls, we use cloth in the day and disposables at night.

How many nappies should i have at least for full time use?

2. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

I'd say between 15-24

3. MrsMils

MrsMils New Mummy

I think I've got about 22, I do the same as you. I wash every other day and have yet to run out, but most of mine are pretty quick drying (in airing cupboard), so that helps. I guess to do nights too I'd need another 2 or 3 night nappies?

4. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

I would have ideally 5/6 night nappies as they take longer to dry, i have 4 at the moment 2 WNNN and 2 EHBH, and that gets me through for full time in cloth but i have to make sure the nappy wash goes on so the night ones are dry in time for use

5. lucy_x

lucy_x Mummy To Two Stunners

We have 32.
    We use LL at night, so 7 only get washed once a week. Id advice more as they almost always take longer to dry...
    The rest probably get washed twice in 7 days, although not always.
    I hand wash any wet ones if im running out, Just wash em in the sink :thumbup:

6. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

I would get specific night nappies that are more absorbent. Now I have the heating on quite a bit in the house, even night nappies and bamboo day nappies are dry in 24 hrs. This is hanging on an airer close to a radiator. So for me if I wash every other day then 3 night nappies is ample. Eg I did a nappy wash yesterday evening (2 days' and 2 nights' worth) so they were hanging up from about 9pm last night and I could have used one of those night nappies tonight at 7pm if I'd wanted to.

7. xemmax

xemmax mummy in love

We actually use AIOs for day and night, just with a booster for night time, and they work fine for us. We have 15 but we also have another 5 as back up that we have to use if we've slacked on the washing. We generally wash every other day.

8. aob1013

aob1013 Guest

I only use AIO's too. So easy!

9. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

Not being smart but you just need to figure out how often you wash and then add a day or two for drying times to know how many extra you need. I wash every 2-3 days so have 5 night nappies x

10. Jetters

Jetters Well-Known Member

Yeah it depends what you get. WNNNs take longest to dry but are one of the best out there IMO. :)

11. MrsRabbit

MrsRabbit Guest

I have 30 pockets[well 1 AI2] 12 prefolds and 2 covers.

I wash every 2 days usually but sometimes let it go to three if I'm not feeling up to washing, busy etc.

We CD full time. Right now I have 15 pockets clean in the dresser, 3 in the diaper bag, 1 on the baby and the rest in the pail to be washed tomorrow.

I have survived on 6 prefolds back in the day with my son resorting to folding baby blankets etc. Now I'm glad I have the freedom - this also makes it a lot easier to cloth diaper full time without feeling as if I am a slave to my child's diapers.

12. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

As Lu said, it depends how often you wash, how you dry them and how many times you change LO's nappy each day e.g. when my LO was little we were washing every other day and she was using 8 nappies per day, so we needed 16 for those 2 days, plus enough to cover the washing/drying time, which as it was winter and we didn't tumble dry meant we needed another 2 days worth, so we needed 32-ish in total. Now though, I still wash every other day but LO only uses 4 nappies a day so we need 8 for those 2 days, plus one more day's worth while we wash and dry them (we have a tumble dryer now) so we only really need 12 in total now.

13. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

but how many DO you have Rach?? :winkwink: :rofl:

14. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

Errrrr a few more than that :coffee:

I tend to stick to my favourites though and we do only have 12-ish of those (Bitti Boos and other nice fitteds). I just don't count the pretties I like but don't need :D

15. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

I think we have about 30 now, but I wash every day, every two days at most.

7 of Tegan's nappies are currently waiting to no longer be radioactive so it's a good job we have plenty of spares :rofl: