How many naps at nearly 9 months?

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So for the last week lo has gone from 3 naps to 2 but that means hes awake for about 4 hours in the middle between naps but today hes been awake 4.5 hours and still wants to play i was thinking he was over tired but hes not crying,yawning or rubbing his ears hes chatty, singing and wanting to play and get out of bed!

Also his first nap is getting later it was 1.5 hours after he got up but yesterday it took an hour and 15 mins to get him to sleep for half an hour so today i tried 2 hours awake and then he slept for 1.5 hours but now doesnt want to nap this afternoon/early evening!!

Is 4 hours normal to be awake between naps at nearly 9 months?
How much sleep does he need at this age?

Hey,

I'm no expert on the whole sleep things but my lo reduced to two naps at nine months too. She gets up about 7 and then naps at 10 for around an hour, hour and a half at most, then is awake until two ish where she'll have about two hours.

When she's at nursery (7:30-4:30) she normally only naps for like 25 minutes, I'm guessing there's way too much going on!

My lo manages well on this , how does your lo seem? Xx

Sophie was having 2 naps, with awake times of 2-3-3 hours.

Jonathan has 3 naps usually.. only cause he wakes at 5am! His awake times are 2.5 2.5 and 3.5

My son takes 2 naps a day, and I would say 4 hours in between naps isn't terrible. He will only nap in his own crib though, so on the 2 days a week he goes to daycare he will refuse his afternoon nap, which means he's awake from 11AM until 730PM.

On a good day his awake times are 2:4:2.5.

My lo has dropped to 2 naps recently. He's awake anytime between 6.15-6.45. He usually has a nap around half 9. Sleeps around 45 mins to an hour. Then he has another nap between half 2 and 3.

Alex has been on 2 naps for as long as I can remember. He wakes most days around 6/6.30, naps around 9/9.30 for an hour sometimes, mostly half an hour. Then another nap around 1/1.30 for 1.5/2 hours. Bed by 7pm.

lo was having 2 naps but then she wasn't tired at bedtime and started going to bed at 10.30pm.
Have cut out the afternoon nap so we're down to one nap of hour and a half in the morning, am bringing bedtime forward to compensate (she's always gone to bed around 8.30, got it back to 7.30, aiming for 7)
She's very alert and nosy and wouldn't take her afternoon nap til just before 5 meaning the day was even longer.

My LO went down to 2 naps consistently at 7 months. He still can't handle any longer than 3.5 hours awake.

He has a nap 2 hours after waking and usually sleeps for 1.5 hours. He then has another nap 2-2.5 hours after waking from his 1st nap. This is usually about 1pm and he will sleep till 2.30/3pm. He is then in bed at 6/6.30pm. He couldn't handle 4 hours, but every baby is different.

2 naps. 4 hours awake is perfectly fine if your LO handles it well, especially in the last wake time before bed :flower:

My lo has 2 naps a day and is awake for 3 to 4 hours at a time. He sleeps 1.5 - 2 hrs in the morning and 1.5hr in the afternoon. I know it seems like a long time to keep him awake but it just works for us and he sleeps through the night so not complaining.

My LO has 2 naps...
Wakes at 7:30am
Nap from 10am-12pm (sometimes only to 11:30am)
Wake from 12pm-3pm
Nap from 3pm-4pm (I sometimes wake LO - and I definitely wake her by 4:30pm is she isn't up yet!)
Bed at 7:30pm
We had a really great streak of STTN... butttt, LO has been waking lately, not too sure why... I think she might be trying to master crawling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->