How many naps for 5-6 month old?

xxVickyxx

Jacob & Joshua's Mummy xx
Reaction score
My Lo is 5.5 months old and I want to get him into a routine for his naps, up until now he has just taken his naps in his bouncer chairs/swing but now it's becoming a little more difficult ESP as I have a very hypo active 16 month old. I need to get him napping in his cot (which he's currently doing) as I do not want to make the same mistake I did with my first (he's an horrendous napper/sleeper) anyhow can any mummy's of 5 to 6 month olds tell me where are how many times a day your Lo's nap please? X

My lo is 6 months and he has 3 naps a day, usually in his cot but sometimes in the car if we are out but I will try to time it right so he is still napping at the appropriate time.

at that age mine had 3 naps. Though I don't think they were at a "set" time. She napped in the morning, early afternoon and her last nap was a catnap around 4:00 pm (bedtime at 6:30 pm)

My lo is the same age. She wakes at about 7 then has about 4 hours worth of naps during the day, normally 3 naps but can be 4 shorter ones if we are out. We are baby led so don't have set times but normally they are about 9.30, 1.30 and 5. She then goes to bed at 8 or slightly earlier if she's had an early nap and is tired. She has recently started dropping a nap occasionally and having longer ones instead but I'm not encouraging it because it means she wants to go to bed earlier and then she wakes early.

My lo is the same age. She wakes at about 7 then has about 4 hours worth of naps during the day, normally 3 naps but can be 4 shorter ones if we are out. We are baby led so don't have set times but normally they are about 9.30, 1.30 and 5. She then goes to bed at 8 or slightly earlier if she's had an early nap and is tired. She has recently started dropping a nap occasionally and having longer ones instead but I'm not encouraging it because it means she wants to go to bed earlier and then she wakes early.

This sounds abit like my Lo, he tends to nap around these times but I usually just leave him to nap as and when but with having a 16 month old who is going through a naughty stage (doing things he knows he shouldn't and just laughing and running away) the poor baby is getting knocked, rubbed, his dummy robbed (my first doesn't even have a dummy) and his blanket taken and just thrown on the floor I think it's time the little man goes In his cot upstairs for a more peaceful nap away from his big brother lol! Am just guna start taking him upstairs when he shows tired signs and see how we get on, thanks for ur replies ladies xx

My LO is 6 months and he has three naps a day. Wakes at 6ish, nap at 9ish, 12.30ish and 3ish then bed atu7.

My LO is the same age. She gets up around 7, 7.30ish, naps from 9-9.45, 12-1 and sometimes again from 2-3 or 3-4 and then goes to bed at 6 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->